This week on SVENGOOLIE...

RedRiver

Re: This week on SVENGOOLIE...

Post by RedRiver »

I meant to watch it. But WEST SIDE STORY was on PBS. I turned it on and couldn't pull away from it!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:I meant to watch it. But WEST SIDE STORY was on PBS. I turned it on and couldn't pull away from it!
I know it was on and I have the DVD of that Movie RedRiver ... but its on YouTube in case you want to watch it ... and I'm thinking about watching on a rainy day real soon.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Anybody know what's on Mr. Goolie tonight?
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Why, yes, I do.

Oh, you want to know? THE MOLE PEOPLE (Virgil W. Vogel), with favorites John Agar, Hugh Beaumont & Alan Napier.

Funny. Never noticed that they had moles. Must be the make-up.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Definitely one of my Top Ten Hugh Beaumont movies!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I might watch it ... and that will make it 3 Saturdays in a row watching movies with SVENGOOLIE and this would be a big first for me.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

It feels right for a Saturday night! Many of us watched similar programs in days gone by.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

And now...KING KONG VS. GODZILLA! Svengoolie's feature this weekend. One of the great "Big Monster Movies"? No. But it's kind of fun if you don't expect too much. At least, this is not one of the movies we've seen three times in the last year. That, alone, makes it worth mentioning. I've been drifting toward the PBS movie at the same time. SOME LIKE IT HOT, WEST SIDE STORY, THE HOT ROCK. A viable option to watching the same horror classics over and over!
intothenitrate

Post by intothenitrate »

KKvsG is considered a classic between myself and my now 30 year old son. I bought a VHS tape of it in a bargain bin and watched it a number of times with him when he was little. Recently he said, "The first time I saw it I thought it was scary." When I tried to show it to my two younger sons when they were about the same age, they saw right through it. It's like there's a generation gap between my own kids!
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

"RODAN" scared the heck out of me and my sister when our mother took us to the movies to see it way back when. I wonder how it'd be viewed now.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

There can definitely be a generation gap between siblings. My younger sister considers STAR WARS a life changing event. Wouldn't watch black and white if you paid her!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

"There is no sign of Godzilla. King Kong is swimming out to sea. Somehow, we can't help but wish him luck on his long journey home!" Pretty bad. But fun to laugh at. The dubbing, the dialogue. The not so special effects. There's something likeable about the "Big Monster" movies, no matter how bad they are. The truth is, I'd rather watch those than half the movies that come out today!

I didn't catch what's on next week. If it hasn't been shown three times in the last year, I'm happy!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Hey, I know it's a bit early in the week, but when I learned that one of the few films to give June Lockhart a lead role, She-Wolf of London (1946) was slated for Svengoolie on Saturday, Feb. 15th, I got excited. My palms seem to be getting hairy...hey, my toes...my, my nails--are growing--talons...aargh..oh, please...no full moon...not this monnntthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Judging the trailer of this movie - looks like I might record this off my DVR and watch it later. Very different kind of horror movie ... Thanks Moira!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I am so excited! Have I ever even seen this piece of moonlight madness? I'm not sure! Certainly not for a long time. I appreciate Moira and Rita Hayworth keeping us posted in my absence. I haven't been online for a few days. You know I'm a classic movie fan when I choose SHE-WOLF OF LONDON over the Kentucky/Florida game! What can I say? There are other things besides basketball!

The score at half-time is Lady Werewolves 6, Inept Village Constables 0!