SPOILERS!

CinemaInternational

Re: SPOILERS!

Post by CinemaInternational »

Editing to put the clues together at the top of a new page.

1. A bride is severely ticked to find another woman trying to seduce her husband on their wedding night.

2. A man and a woman both eat a piece of paper to avoid detection.

3. A woman donates a dress to charity, but not for the most upstanding of reasons.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

PENELOPE

CinemaInternational

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 25th, 2024, 4:52 pm PENELOPE

Yes, that's the one! Your turn!
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

I'll be back later with a new spoiler.

It always warms my heart to find someone else who knows about this not very well-known gem.
It is probably my favorite Natalie Wood movie although I understand that she was not doing well personally when she was making PENELOPE.
CinemaInternational

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 25th, 2024, 5:00 pm I'll be back later with a new spoiler.

It always warms my heart to find someone else who knows about this not very well-known gem.
It is probably my favorite Natalie Wood movie although I understand that she was not doing well personally when she was making PENELOPE.
I've known about it for quite a while. :) i think I mentioned before that I didn't get access to TCM until 2011. And I recall being at home during the day in November 2011, on the day after Thanksgiving, and I watched the film because it was on, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. It's just a fun film, with Natalie's most engaging performance, and that's enough to make me overlook one or two scenes that don't work. It was definitely hard though for me to find that they hadn't released it on any home viewing format, so I had to wait until Warner Archive rolled out a copy in 2020 to actually have a copy of the film.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Next:

After the remains of the victims are discovered, the killer learns that a valuable item was in the killer's possession during the entire killing spree.
CinemaInternational

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 27th, 2024, 3:55 pm Next:

After the remains of the victims are discovered, the killer learns that a valuable item was in the killer's possession during the entire killing spree.
Kind Hearts and Coronets?
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

CinemaInternational wrote: April 27th, 2024, 4:39 pm
HoldenIsHere wrote: April 27th, 2024, 3:55 pm Next:

Kind Hearts and Coronets?
I see where you going with this, but that is not the movie.
I think the "valuable item" from KINDS AND HEARTS AND CORONETS that you're thinking of is the suicide note that will clear Louis (the killer) of the murder of someone that he didn't actually kill. The suicide note is not in the killer's possession during the entire killing spree.

Since you made a guess though, you've earned a hint

All the victims' remains are discovered the same day. The valuable item has monetary value.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Holden, time for a new clue, thanks
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

KayFrancis wrote: April 30th, 2024, 9:33 am Holden, time for a new clue, thanks
Thanks, Kay, for reminding me.

New hint:
The movie is in color.

To re-cap:

SPOLIER:

First hint:
All the victims' remains are discovered the same day. The valuable item has monetary value.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 30th, 2024, 2:51 pm

New hint:
The movie is in color.

To re-cap:

SPOLIER:

First hint:
New hint: The two lead performers (one of them plays the killer) both received an Oscar, but not for their work in the movie in question. One performer received their only Oscar before the movie in question. The other performer did not receive an Oscar until over 15 years after the movie in question.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

HoldenIsHere wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 1:11 pm
HoldenIsHere wrote: April 30th, 2024, 2:51 pm

New hint:
The movie is in color.

To re-cap:

SPOLIER:

First hint:
New hint: The two lead performers (one of them plays the killer) both received an Oscar, but not for their work in the movie in question. One performer received their only Oscar before the movie in question. The other performer did not receive an Oscar until over 15 years after the movie in question.
New hint: Pine trees play an important part in the movie.