Dargo wrote: ↑September 8th, 2023, 6:51 pm
'The Parallax View' ???
(...and with your "Presidents" clue bringing me to this guess, skimpole)
No. Warren Beatty's character doesn't actually kill anyone, let alone himself.
Here are the clues again:
1. A man finds he is his own murderer, and has been framed for another.
2. We are dealing with an actual murder (the two mentioned in the previous clue).
3. The movie was made after 1949
4. The movie was released in a period when all presidents after February 1, 1969 were alive. It takes place in a period when all presidents after FDR but one were alive.
5. The movie is based on a novel.
6. The murders don't involve poison.
Here are today's new clues:
Let's clarify clue #4: The presidents after February 1, 1969 are Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama, Trump and Biden. That means it was released when all of them were alive, from 1962 (Obama's Birth) and 1994 (Nixon's death). The movie takes place when all those presidents, plus those after FDR were alive, with one exception. That means Truman, Eisenhower, JFK and LBJ. Both Trump and Clinton were born in 1946, so it takes place after 1945. If you exclude Obama, that means it mostly
takes place between 1946 and 1963 (JFK's assassination).
Clue 7. Most of the movie takes place in two major American cities, neither of which is a state capital. (Admittedly that doesn't add much, since the only major cities that are state capitals are Boston and Columbus.)
Clue 8. Although the movie takes place in the United States, it was directed by a British citizen.