Vera Miles, hot stuff in The Hellfighters

stuart.uk

Vera Miles, hot stuff in The Hellfighters

Post by stuart.uk »

if Vera Miles wasn't a great beauty in her early films she made up for it her when she made The Hellfighters. i think mainly it was the short haircut that did the trick, plus the 60s fashions which really suited her figure.

i think too, she was one of John Wayne's best leading ladies of that particular decade. she was also IMO miles (excuse the pun) more attractive than Katharine Ross, who played her married daughter

i think the female roles in the film compare to The Graduate, again starring Ross with Anne Bancroft as her mother. As with Vera, Anne in the film his more attractive than her screen daughter. also both Vera and Anne were to young to have a daughter as old as Katharine
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

If "quietly attractive" is a phrase ( and is certainly complimentary) then it fits her. She is not a grand beauty in the sense of Hedy Lamarr or Grace Kelly but she is a lovely woman. I always thought she could have had more of a movie career but maybe it was her choice to go the road she did.

"The Wrong Man" could do with more frequent showings. So much of her work was in TV we'll never be able to see most of it. Too bad.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."