Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird Six

stuart.uk

Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird Six

Post by stuart.uk »

in recent yrs there was a movie version of Thunderbirds with live actors, instead of the famous 60s tv series with puppets. i don't know to much about it, but was disappointed it didn't stay true to its original origins. it was made for a younger audience with the characters of Alan Tracy and Tin as 15-year-olds, unlike their latter teens as fully fledged operatives in International rescue in the puppet show with Alan, a retired motor racing champion in control of Thunderbird 3

though not hugely successful the original series inspired two entertaining feature films Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird Six. Shane Rimmer (the yank sub comander in The Spy Who Loved Me and a radio reporter in Ghandi) supplied the voice of Scott Tracy, the pilot of Thunderbird 1.

The theme music Thunderbirds was and still is a popoular movie them tune and the first film ends with a brass band playing the infamous tune
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

[youtube][/youtube]
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Stuart, "Thunderbirds" was shown in the US regularly about 30 or more years ago. My little brother loved them, and I watched them with him once in a while - for some reason, I found them fascinating. They still show up from time to time - I think one of the feature length films was aired not too long ago. (There was another one he liked - "Supercar?" I remember the theme song more than the actual show.)

Have you seen the version of "Thunderbirds" done by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore (they are the puppets)? It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

there was

Four Feather Falls with Nicholas Parson's supplying the voice of Tex with his magic gunbelt that drew his guns without him raising a finger

Supercar you've all ready mentioned

Fireball XL5 a show about a super space craft with pilot Steve Zodiack with love interest Venus

Stingray a show about a super mini sub with Miss. Moneypenny Lois Maxwell supplying the voice of Atlanta Shore, one of the two love interests for hero Troy Tempest

Captain Scarlett and The Mysterons, about a captain who broke free from the hypnotic spell of Martian Aliens The Mysterons and found himself indestrutable with Francis Matthews as Scarlett and Ed Bishop as Captain Blue

Gerry Anderson and the team behind the shows also did at least 3 shows with live actors UFO with Ed Bishop and Space 1999 with Martin Landou and Barbara Bain. the other show was a straight syp thriller The Protectors with Robert Vaughan, Nyreen Dawn Porter and Tony Anholt. the theme from TP The Avenue And Alleyways was a big hit for Tony Christie