Would you like a movie about Thor

stuart.uk

Would you like a movie about Thor

Post by stuart.uk »

We've had Superman, Batman, Daredevil, Spiderman and now Ironman. my own favorite comic strip hero was Viking God Thor and to my knowledge there hasn't been any screen versions of the character, except in a feature length episode of The Incredible Hulk. however, in that it didn't appear loyal to the comic strio character. for one thing Don Blake and Thor were two different people in the film while in the comic strip lame Dr. Donald Blake turned into Thor when he stamped his walking stick into the ground three times. if i remember rightly Blake's secretary is the love interest. his father Odin, the supreme Viking God, in the comic strip lived in space on the Milky Way

since writing this thread i've discovered they want to make a movie of Thor, to be released in 2010. I also discovered an animated version was made in 1966
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Good evening from this side of the pond Stuart,

I'm with you my friend! I too would like to see a film adaptation of the legend of the Thunder God. The interaction between Thor and Loki (his evil brother? or half brother?) and their Father Odin would present some interesting story lines indeed. I don't recall Odin living in the Milky Way but then again memory fades with time and I've covered more than a few furlongs of my own! I know that they lived in Valhalla? in the realm of Asgaard and Thor rode a winged stallion as his means of transport (again, if memory serves.) I think he could call forth lightning bolts as well by using his hammer, Mjolnir (sic.) Casting the part would be an interesting proposition too. I seem to recall a love interest in Thor's life as well but I can't put a finger on her name. Odin's wife, Thor's mother, also sometimes played a pivotal role. Even though he never achieved the popularity of a Spiderman or The Fantastic Four, he did have his own comic book carrying his name so he had to have had a certain appeal. Marvel certainly has a wide cast of characters from which to choose as opposed to DC which basically lived on Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (but I stand to be corrected if I've omitted someone.) Let's hope they get it done. Comic book superheroes certainly have made their mark on the big screen ever since the first Superman film was released haven't they? Keep your fingers crossed!

As always,

Hollis

p.s. How about Captain America and Bucky, or even Captain Marvel (Billy Batson) who would undergo a transformation from preteen to full fledged adult by uttering that magic word, Shazam!