A Facebook Page for the SSO

Please read any new threads in this forum
moira finnie
Administrator

A Facebook Page for the SSO

Post by moira finnie »

As our recent poll indicated the majority of members wish to be communicated with via email if we go offline, but in an effort to raise our profile a bit and give us one more way to touch base if needed, a Group Facebook Page for the Silver Screen Oasis has been created. No one needs to join Facebook to read posts there and you can nominate members for inclusion in the group. There may be some changes there as needed and as a result of your continued feedback here. Thanks for your continued support in our exploration of movies.

Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/340453499360600/
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Professional Tourist

Re: A Facebook Page for the SSO

Post by Professional Tourist »

moirafinnie wrote:. . .a Group Facebook Page for the Silver Screen Oasis has been created. No one needs to join Facebook to read posts there and you can nominate members for inclusion in the group. . . . Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/340453499360600/
Fyi, when I attempted to load the linked page, it did not load and I received a message "You must log in to see this page" along with a login prompt.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Sorry to know that happened, PT since it is a public page. I'll try to adjust the settings to allow access.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

It appears that because Facebook has legally chosen to protect those who are under age 13 before accessing their pages, that an individual would need to register on their site before viewing the page that we set up there.

I will look into making it more readily accessible for all--especially since it only has posts from fellow members here, most of which mirror our comments here and none of which I would call "racy" or even rate as deserving a PG-13!

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Just looking it over it seems we have members of the Facebook page who aren't here. Of course, I don't know everyone's real name but it looks that way. I hope they would join us here also.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Moira it's good to be with all of you at FB and here as well! :D