Yellow Sky

ken123

Yellow Sky

Post by ken123 »

Is a 1949 Fox Western directed by William Wellman ( The Ox - Bow Incident ) starring Gregory Peck, Anne Baxter, and Richard Widmark. Harry Morgan, Charles Kemper, and John Russell lend support . Not great, but fun. :wink:
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

I watched this for the first time earlier this year and liked it a lot. I loved the brooding atmosphere of the film, and the increasing tensions between the outlaws was very well done.

In some ways, it felt like an Anthony Mann western a few years early.
feaito

Post by feaito »

It's funny you mention this film Ken, cuz quite, quite by chance I bought it some weeks ago, after much hesitation (good price, good cast :wink: ) and it's there waiting to be seen.

I hope to be positively surprised by it, just as I was when I watched Rudolph Mate's "Three Violent People", a movie I also bought by chance, without much expectations. And boy it's good!!
ken123

Post by ken123 »

feaito wrote:It's funny you mention this film Ken, cuz quite, quite by chance I bought it some weeks ago, after much hesitation (good price, good cast :wink: ) and it's there waiting to be seen.

I hope to be positively surprised by it, just as I was when I watched Rudolph Mate's "Three Violent People", a movie I also bought by chance, without much expectations. And boy it's good!!

We both have " Yellow Sky ' and " Three Violent People ", on DVD ! I hope you enjoy " Sky ". Years ago I read somewhere that Paulette Goddard was considered for the female lead in the Wellman film. I hope may memory is not failing me. Anne Baxter also replaced Paulette in " FIVE GRAVES to CAIRO ".
Last edited by ken123 on April 28th, 2007, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Now I'm sure I will Ken :D

Thanks for the info about Paulette & Ann. I did not know that.