Windwalkers

mrsl

Windwalkers

Post by mrsl »

Windwalkers:

When I saw this I thought it said Wind t alkers , a film albout the Navajo Indians who used their language during WWII over the radio which the Japanese thought was a code, but they never could break it. But once it started, I certainly didn't mind my mistake.

This old man is tired and ready to rest, so when his family finds him and he has all the signs of being dead, they go ahead and prepare him for burial, up on stilts as his tribe did. In the meantime we learn that when he was younger he had twin sons and one was stolen by their enemies, the Crowe. Lots of things happen, life in general, growing up and older, more children being born, new wives, etc. Suddenly, the old man wakes up thinking this is a weird heaven; because it's cold, snowy, and he hurts. That was all supposed to be gone when you die. The rest of the movie is how he saves his family from different kinds of danger, and actually turns out to be a terrific movie. With his voice being dubbed, Trevor Howard plays a wonderful old man (certainly different from what we recall in Brief Encounter). When I say dubbed, I mean now and then one or two words, most of his dialog is silent thoughts as he discusses his situation with the Great Spirit. If it is repeated, I would suggest a viewing since it is quite an interesting plot.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************