Yellowstone Kelly: Remastered & Autographed by Clint Walker

MichiganJ

Yellowstone Kelly: Remastered & Autographed by Clint Walker

Post by MichiganJ »

Thought I'd post this here. I've never heard of the film or Clint Walker, but the film is up for pre-order at Warner Archive, with release date scheduled for 8/4. An autographed copy of the DVD is available, limited to the first 300 orders.

http://www.wbshop.com/Yellowstone-Kelly ... lt,pd.html
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Yellowstone Kelly: Remastered & Autographed by Clint Walker

Post by movieman1957 »

Clint Walker did Cheyenne for six or seven years. Also played "Posey" in The Dirty Dozen.

I am sure the ladies will find a fine picture of him with his shirt off.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Whad'ya know, my High School Senior Yearbook photo. (I was left back a couple of times.)
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

You're a funny man.
Chris

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Greenbriar Blog has an article on the history of "Yellowstone Kelly." John also had some time to talk to Mr. Walker.

http://greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot.com/

That is the catch-all address so you may have to scroll down the page depending on the date you look.
Chris

klondike

Post by klondike »

movieman1957 wrote: Clint Walker did Cheyenne for six or seven years. Also played "Posey" in The Dirty Dozen.
He also lucked into the ultimate blue-collar fantasy thriller Killdozer, sort of like an "XY Files" treatment; like then-unknown Spielberg's Duel, it was a minor, well-packaged network TV movie that found a much bigger audience than anticipated.
Following that ratings spike, Clint got hustled toute-suite into another made-for-TV potboiler, Cry of the Wolf, wherein a mysterious, high-country serial killer might be a (gasp) real werewolf; CW locks horns in this testosterone & tweed shocker with none other than persistently nosey Peter Graves, newly sprung from the last season of "Mission: Impossible" - and the scripted clashes get so intense between those two super-dry tall guys that they almost commit acting! :shock:
Can't remember if the contested damsel between them was actually Diana Muldaur, or someone very similar that they got for less money. :roll:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I like Clint Walker, and thought that Yellowstone Kelly, which I've seen a few times, was a good story. I had to watch it more than once to critically assess the cinematic evolution of my favorite director, Gordon Douglas, and to see if John Russell changed expression. He didn't, but it really didn't matter, since all he and Walker really need to do is stand there :roll: . I wonder if Clint Walker and John Russell ever felt objectified?

I'd like to see WB Archive unearth all the Cheyenne shows on DVD, since there were some that are reportedly never shown as part of the Encore Western channel run.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks