Cowboys and Aliens

pvitari

Cowboys and Aliens

Post by pvitari »

Has anyone seen the trailer for the upcoming movie Cowboys and Aliens?

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This was barely on my radar until I saw the trailer. It looks like they're playing this straight, as a classic western... until the aliens arrive, that is. And what is that thing locked onto Daniel Craig's wrist? :)

This actually looks like it might be pretty good. :)
pvitari

Re: Cowboys and Aliens

Post by pvitari »

So, OK, I'm just getting a lot of code although I used the youtube thingie.... ?

Here's the link.

[youtube][/youtube]
klondike

Post by klondike »

pvitari wrote: And what is that thing locked onto Daniel Craig's wrist? :)
Looks like Megan Fox . . but I hope I'm wrong!
Oh, wait, you mean the metal thing . .
Well, almost reminds me of one of Space Ghost's gizmoes . .
pvitari wrote: This actually looks like it might be pretty good. :)
Yes, it does - and the one 'twisted genre' example it put me in mind of is Stephen King's Dark Tower novels (in particular, #'s 4 & 5: "Wizard's Glass" & "Wolves of the Calla"); of course, Favreau is a big time comic book aficionado, so likely that's the source of his inspiration (bet he's credited somewhere on the writing staff as well) . .
Thanks for sharing, Paula!
klondike

Post by klondike »

klondike wrote: Looks like Megan Fox . . but I hope I'm wrong!

Allow me please to quote and correct myself: the bedraggled-looking damsel in the trailer is not the annoyingly-worshipped Megan Fox {cue hallelujah chorus}, but rather the much more capable/palatable/non-pouting Olivia Wilde, best known to most viewers from her stint as "13" on FoxTV's "House".
What a relief - Megan's similarly wardrobed involvement with this year's sci-fi-western Jonah Hex, brief though it was, nearly derailed that entire, simple li'l steampunk lark.
:| :| :| :|
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

This actually looks like it might be pretty good. :)
YES!!!! Can I buy my ticket now??? :lol:
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Looks like Megan Fox . . but I hope I'm wrong!
Oh believe me, if the pouty, talentless Miss Fox were in this, my interest level would be far lower.

Yes, that is far more capable Olivia Wilde. PHEW. ;)

Did I mention I saw Daniel Craig on Broadway last year in A Steady Rain? His co-star was this guy named, um, what was it? Oh yeah. Hugh Jackman. :)
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I haven't yet seen anything about the movie Cowboys and Aliens, but the term came to mind (like a gong), yesterday, watching an old episode of Bonanza. It's not important what the plot was, but the guest was Ricardo Montalban, and his Cheyenne wife was Madlyn Rhue. Any good Sci-fi fan worth his salt can tell you that these two played together in the original episode of Star Trek where the Enterprise came across Ricardo as Khan and Madlyn was a Science Officer on the crew who chose to go with him to the new planet they were to populate as a planet for the Confederation. This particular episode stands out because it was the basis for the fourth Star Trek movie where they returned to the planet and met with The Wrath of Khan. Hopefully you've seen the weird connection I made - Cowboys, or in this case Bonanza and Aliens. the super race of which Khan was the leader. Sorry, that's just how my mind works nowadays.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************