Silverado . . . AGAIN

mrsl

Silverado . . . AGAIN

Post by mrsl »

I watched this one again Saturday on the "MOVIES" channel on my crummy Comcast minimalist TV offering and as much as I love the Duke, and Randy Scott, I have to admit that I seriously think this is one of best Western movies ever made. It is full of action, comedy, romance, family love, and just about every other emotional situation you can think of. Kevin Costner is great as the scamp who rides a horse like it is part of his own body, and Scott Glenn makes a fine co-leading many with Kevin Kline - both guys are worthy of so much more than they achieved in their careers. They both had good movies, but they should have had more block busters to their names. Linda Hunt in her pre-NCIS performance, as little as she is, just filled the screen and was a total scene stealer.

If there is anyone out there, do you have any comments, or agreements or dises?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Silverado . . . AGAIN

Post by movieman1957 »

Hi Anne:

Completely agree. I refer to this as "The Kitchen Sink" western. About every plot in a western seems to be thrown in. I like the cast, Hunt and Brian Dennehy are particularly good. One thing I really like about it is the humor. Kline is given most of it and the fact that he is so subtle about it adds to how funny I find it.(Hardly 19th century humor it would seem but all the better for us.) Good action and it is shot much like a traditional western, in my view. It might be on the light weight side but it is one I can watch fairly often and enjoy it every time.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I like this one, too. For all the reasons you both mention.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

After leaving the door open for Scott Glenn to romance the farm widow, it might have been good idea for Kevin Kline's character to romance Linda Hunt. It might have been ground breaking, but would it have been so unreasonable
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

No. It could be very interesting. Clearly, he has feelings for her. Is it brotherly love or more? I think there is, at the very least, an intellectual love. On a level they "get" each other. If it had been a TV series it would be a real interesting part of the story line.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."