Scott O'Brien Q & A on Kay Francis

Past chats with our guests.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Thank you for responding, Scott, and for being here---I certainly look forward to September and have high hopes about the release of these movies, they seem to have many fans---and deservedly so.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thank you Scott for giving me a fresh insight into these three fascinating women :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for such interesting discussion, Scott.

Betty - where were you last night? I searched all over and ended up in a less than flattering position at a table with a couple of chumps who could only talk about cricket. I have a terrible headache - umm, from the cigar smoke hanging around. Will someone make sure I get off this tub?
B
OScott

Post by OScott »

To all those who were on board the S.S. Maloa for a tribute to Kay Francis – I thank you! Your questions covered a good cross-section of Kay’s career and life. And, many thanks to our moderator Moira (aka Barrel House Betty)for keeping the whole thing afloat.

I do have a message addressed to you from one of Kay’s favorite co-stars, Sybil Jason. If you guys haven’t read Sybil’s books, please do so. A view of classic Hollywood from her childhood eyes is quite an eye-and-heart opener. :D I treasure her memories, and so will you. On that note, I’ll say “Auf Wiedersehen,” break the stem that held my Paradise Cocktail for good luck, and leave the last word for Sybil.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 11:35 AM

Hello there: I was delighted to see that you had Scott on as a special guest. I was delighted with his book as I knew Kay very well. I was Warner Bros. first child star under long term contract and as such I played daughter to Kay in two movies...I FOUND STELLA PARISH and COMET OVER BROADWAY.Scott found my autobiography MY FIFTEEN MINUTES(and FIVE MINUTES MORE)very interesting and especially my chapter on Kay. Scott, unlike most biographers really went to the trouble of checking out most of his information instead of just repeating oft apocryphal stories that have been making their rounds for years. His book was very fair but honest about Kay and I couldn't be more proud of his book. I am sure that his next one on Virginia Bruce will be a winner too.

I have tried to register with SSO but have had no luck. I am fine when
it comes to User name and Password but after that is a big puzzlement
to me. So sorry.

Many blessings to you and yours. Sybil Jason
Synnove

Post by Synnove »

Although I haven't had the time to ask anything because I was on holiday, I have been reading this thread with interest and learned a lot. Thank you so much, Scott O'Brien, for answering questions at this site!

Synnove
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Thanks again for being here, Scott!

I hope Miss Jason can find her way around here soon, she contributed a lot of wonderful anecdotes to another forum I used to belong to and her books are worth checking out! She really is a part of Hollywood history.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers