Colleen Moore: "The Eyes Had It!"

Gagman 66

Colleen Moore: "The Eyes Had It!"

Post by Gagman 66 »

:) Among the Top Box Office Star's of the 20's, the multi-talanted, Colleen Moore made at least one feature with Technicolor footage. IRENE (First National, 1926). The entire Final reel, a Fashion Show was shot in Two-strip Technicolor. This footage still exists, and hopefully one of these days it will be restored.

:o For Colleen "The Eyes Definitely Had It!" In-fact, they had more than most. For Colleen had Green Eyes. No check that, Colleen Moore had Brown Eyes? That's not right either, Colleen Moore had both Green, and Brown Eyes?

:? What you say? That's right, Moore was born with one Green Eye, and one Brown Eye! Sounds Incredible, but true! Now just imagine this in Technicolor? :shock:

jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Do you know the Urban Legend about people with two different colored eyes? That they had a twin, and each had two eyes of a different color from each other. Then the dominant twin absorbed the other one, and wound up with two different colored eyes.

I didn't make this up -- I've heard this one for years and years. Every time I see Jane Seymour I think: "She ate her twin!"

Anyway, I've always like Colleen Moore, and even in the tepid early talkie version of The Scarlet Letter, she was very good. In fact, even though this movie is very condensed and somewhat anemic, everyone in it is quite good. Moore was a very entertaining interview subject in -- was it Brownlow's Hollywood? If not, it was in something simliar.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Is it Colleen Moore whose doll house is on permanent display at the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry? It is a fabulous, HUGE doll house. Running water, lights, a Jade floor in the ballroom.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

jdb1,
Yes, it is Brownlow’s Hollywood in which Moore is interviewed. She’s remarkable in her story telling and memory, and very entertaining.

kinitwit,
That is Moore’s doll house. She may be more famous for that than her acting!
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I've never heard that as being the reason for diferent colour eyes, I learn something new every day. David Bowie has eyes different colours too.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
bdp

Post by bdp »

Actually, even in black and white photography you can tell that Colleen's eyes were different colors if you look close enough.

The dollhouse is fascinating, it was designed by Hollywood set/interior designers and wired by Hollywood lighting techinicians; it is so stuffed full oh miniature treasures, there's even an attic on it where extra 'furniture' is stored.

I managed to get Miss Moore's autograph on a postcard back in the mid 80's, very glad I did so.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

charliechaplinfan wrote:I've never heard that as being the reason for diferent colour eyes, I learn something new every day. David Bowie has eyes different colours too.
Alison, I hope you realize that it's just a story -- not likely to be true, but it's one of those crazy rumors that won't die. Probably because it's so interesting to consider. My neighbor's golden retriever has one blue eye and one brown one -- I wonder how common the phenomenon is in dogs. I've never seen a cat like that.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Well you see I'm terribly gullible. I wish it was true :lol:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
drednm

Post by drednm »

Yes Moore had one brown and one green but I read somewhere that the green eye was more hazel so it probably wasn't a startling difference....