Rare Anita Page Interview from 1993.

Gagman 66

Rare Anita Page Interview from 1993.

Post by Gagman 66 »

:) You will want to take a look at this. My friend good friend Araon from Canada posted this interview with Anita Page from 1993 conducted in England on Youtube the other day in three segments.

Image Just sensational! I sure wish that they could air this on TCM sometime! I don't think it has been seen in this country at all before? The music during the clip from WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS though sounded like some Randolph Scott Western from the Mid-40's or something though. Really off the mark stuff there.

:D Anita seemed like such a brilliant lady. Definitely no Dumb-Blond. She was one Smart Cookie. It's just sad that MGM didn't take her more seriously. she could have and should have been a much bigger Star. Why was she forever stuck in Second, and Third Bananaville? I don't get it??? She had everything that it took to go straight to the top if you ask me.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
moviemagz

Re: Rare Anita Page Interview from 1993.

Post by moviemagz »

Actually, it's a cable access show from Los Angeles but I agree it's a terrific interview.
Birdy

Re: Rare Anita Page Interview from 1993.

Post by Birdy »

Fabulous - thanks for posting that. She was absolutely stunning 'back in the day' and it was sad to lose her last year. I think she was considered 'the last silent screen star'.
B