rudyfan

San Francisco Silent Film Festival

Post by rudyfan »

Anyone from SSO going besides me?

Donna
MichiganJ

Re: San Francisco Silent Film Festival

Post by MichiganJ »

Boy do I wish I could go. They have a great lineup this year (as they do every year!). The Fall of the House of Usher is one of my favorite silents, and Aelita, The Wind, Underworld...all of them would be great seeing on the big screen. I'm very interested in the Czech film Erotikon, a film I'm unfamiliar with (of course I know the Stiller film of the same name--great movie, horrible score).

What films are you planing on seeing? The Gaucho? I've never seen Lady of the Pavements, either, but that's two chances to see Lupe on the big screen.

Have a GREAT time! (I envy you!)
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

MichiganJ wrote: What films are you planing on seeing? The Gaucho? I've never seen Lady of the Pavements, either, but that's two chances to see Lupe on the big screen.

Have a GREAT time! (I envy you!)
I'm planning on seeing everything, if I can hold up.

I saw Dennis James debut Aelita Queen of Mars at the Castro, what 15 or so years ago? It was a fabulous experience. It's the closer film on the Saturday program, I hope I can make it.

I've seen The Gaucho on the big screen, and am anxious to see it again, it's a good film. I'm also really interested in the "Amazing Tales from the Archives" which is always cool to see. The early biograph shorts of Mary Pickford that will be feautured will also be a treat as I've not seen any on the big screen.

I've enjoyed your knowledgeable postings MichiganJ and I'm sorry you can't make it.

I'll report on it once I recover on Monday
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

I recovered enough to post about the festival here:
http://strictly-vintage-hollywood.blogs ... -film.html

Unfortunately, most of my photos were horrible, fuzzy, it's not easy shooting in a theater that is not well lit and not using flash and trying a slower shutter speed without my gorilla pod.