The Modern Musical

Uncle Stevie

The Modern Musical

Post by Uncle Stevie »

New musicals are popping up with Rock and Pop Genres many of which I do not like. But there is one that I singled out and even bought it to watch over and over again.

Burlesque (2010) stars Cher and Christina Aguilera. I am personally taken by this movie and love to hear the numbers over and over again. It is a love story and a musical presentation of an Aguilera concert series. I think she is a very good talent and show all her stuff in this movie. The critics panned this movie but I do not agree with them. It has warmth and pathos and well worth the time to watch it all. I recommend all see it.

Step Up (2006) starring Tatum Channing and Jenna Dewan is a very nice musical with dancing and not singing. It is a heartwarming love story with a real life love story ending. The two stars in real life fell in love and got married. You could follow the romance throughout the film. It is a nice story to watch. Later on "Step Up 2 came out and it was all street dancing I did not like it at all.

With all the knocks on old musical movies I am gratified to see the popularity of the TV show "Glee".

These are my comment for an early Tuesday morning
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"