Luciano Pavorotti

Uncle Stevie

Luciano Pavorotti

Post by Uncle Stevie »

I just listened to Luciano Pavarotti and Kathryn Harrold in "Yes, Giorgio" while this is not the best production of a movie I must declare that in my opinion Pavoritti was the grestest tenor I ever heard. Here is the YouTube movie -

[youtube][/youtube]
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
JackFavell

Re: Luciano Pavorotti

Post by JackFavell »

Of all the opera singers in the last few decades, I think Pavarotti, when on his game, was the absolute best and sincerest talent there was.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I know very little about opera singers, tenors or otherwise, but I always responded with rapture whenever I caught a Pavarotti performance on television. I also admired his obvious love of life. A true artist, that is plain even to one as ignorant as I about such things.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

His emotion was always what drew me to his singing there is no faking that he threw himself fully into the music and it's meaning.
Professional Tourist

Re: Luciano Pavarotti

Post by Professional Tourist »

I must admit I've never been a fan of Pavarotti. He had a great voice, but I didn't like the way he used it, nor his personality -- I won't get into details so as not to be impolite. When I used to attend opera at The Met, my favorite tenors were Alfredo Kraus and Placido Domingo. To me, a great opera movie was the Carmen Domingo made in 1984 with Julia Migenes-Johnson. That was what first got me interested in opera.
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

In his prime, there is no doubt he was a great lyric tenor. I'm disheartened that most people seem to know him from his stadium concerts, and "Three Tenors" uber-events. As an opera fan, I was fortunate to see Pavarotti perform many times in operas as well as recitals. I met him on several occasions, and have many great memories of his performances. The sweetness of his Un'Aura Amorosa in a recital in Barcelona, and his debut in Turandot are two high points in my opera-going past. Unfortunately, he wasn't used to best effect in Hollywood. But he was bigger than life, and really couldn't be captured on a screen. The opera house was his best venue.

[My thanks to PT for his mention of Alfredo Kraus. Now this was a tenor with elegance and sophistication. Domingo? Great dramatic tenor. A different fach than Pavarotti, so there is really no contents between the two. All were at the top of their game.]
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh my gosh, Alfredo Kraus! I really loved listening to him! Elegant is the word.