In my own little world

Chit-chat, current events
Masha

Re: In my own little world

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 6:10 pm
But NOW and in regard to that LAST sentence of yours here...
Gee, it kind'a sounds as if you're tellin' me that I'm gettin' much too long-in-the-tooth now days to still be ridin' these here motosickles?!!!

(...and so, say it ain't so, Joe!...ahem, I mean Masha) ;)
You malign me, sir! I would never suggest that age is a factor.

I am quite sure that you were just as silly and irresponsible when you were teenager and began riding two-wheelers. The difference is that now you are an important member of this community and so should protect yourself as a valuable asset.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

TikiSoo wrote: May 24th, 2024, 7:50 am A. I certainly hope you wore gloves when handling toxic “Pressure Treated” lumber. Hate hate hate it.
Why bother painting the wood? Paint never bonds. Why not stain it & restain when it wears off?

B. I built a “dirt screen” from an old shallow box/drawer. It’s easy to nail/staple scrap screen to a frame & sift a huge area of soil quickly.

C. I love fungi (live 20 minutes from Adirondacks) so I carefully removed it & spread all the spores in a north facing shady spot next to my neighbors garage where he discards lawn scraps. Sadly none have propagated.
A. Latex primers ensure good adhesion. Many people make the mistake of using oil-based paint which will not adhere properly to treated wood. Neither the colour nor the grain of stained pine is to our taste.

B. We have a sifter which we made using quarter-inch hardware cloth. We build it so that it sits crosswise across wheelbarrow. Our soil is heavy clay with large gravel. It required more than fifteen minutes to clear a two-gallon-bucket. Most of the time was spent breaking up clods and picking out pieces of broken nails and screws which went through the screen.

C. Most mushrooms are very specific as to growth medium. Those which grow on rotting wood are unlikely to take hold in a compost pile.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: May 24th, 2024, 1:49 pm
Dargo wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 6:10 pm
But NOW and in regard to that LAST sentence of yours here...
Gee, it kind'a sounds as if you're tellin' me that I'm gettin' much too long-in-the-tooth now days to still be ridin' these here motosickles?!!!

(...and so, say it ain't so, Joe!...ahem, I mean Masha) ;)
You malign me, sir! I would never suggest that age is a factor.

I am quite sure that you were just as silly and irresponsible when you were teenager and began riding two-wheelers. The difference is that now you are an important member of this community and so should protect yourself as a valuable asset.
Aaaw! What a sweet thing to say here, and I thank you for such kind words, Masha. However, I think you might've overestimated my "value" around here.

Ya see, I think that sort of thing would really be based more on the concept of "Percentages".

Uh-huh, ya see, with such few numbers of regular contributors at this website, the loss of almost ANYONE and by ANY form of extraction--and be it by a voluntary or an involuntary action--would by consequence be sorely missed by the learned assembled around here!

Yep, like so many things in life, it's all about "percentages" here, my dear. ;)

(...but in the meantime, I promise I'll do my best to keep ridin' these here motorcycles as they say, "Rubber-side down, and shiny-side up"!)