most handsome/beautiful face in movies

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I agree with you Mr Arkadin :)
melwalton

hair

Post by melwalton »

Seeing the picture of Deneuve reminded me of Arlene Golonka in 'the Busy Body'. Her hair was very noticeable, something I don't, usually pay any attention to except to notice whether it's blond. Golonka was very attractive. Thinking about it now, hair color does make a big difference in looks. Jean Harlow and Alice Faye each looked much better after they dropped the platinum look and became 'brownettes'and Dot Lee looked better as a blond. Anyone recall when Joan Bennett was a blond? After she became a brunette, she looked like Hedy Lamarr. There was a song, one line of which went .. Hedy Lamarr, that creature so fair, they say that Joan Bennett wears all her old hair. ..... mel
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Actress:

Gene Tierney

Actor:

Gary Cooper
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

MissGoddess wrote:

Actor:

Gary Cooper

Really? :D
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

movieman1957 wrote:
MissGoddess wrote:

Actor:

Gary Cooper

Really? :D

Yup! :P
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Unquestionably beautiful, Mr. A., but you know, I think she got even even better with the passing years.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Cathérine Deneuve is really ravishingly beautiful and a class act. You don't buy class in a shop and this woman exudes class from everywhere.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

jdb1 wrote:Unquestionably beautiful, Mr. A., but you know, I think she got even even better with the passing years.
Agreed. She's wonderful in later films like The Last Metro (1980)

Time Regained (1988) is another great one:

A very classy lady who--although beautiful--has talents far beyond her looks.
feaito

Post by feaito »

She's a very smart lady. She once visited my country and she seemed to be a shrewd, no-nonsense woman. She had a sister who died while very young, the equally beautiful Francoise Dorléac.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Francoise was great in one of my favorite Polanski films Cul De Sac (1966). Cathérine herself worked with him the year before on Repulsion (1965).
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

Actress: Barbara Stanwyck (ok ok I know she's not classically beautiful but she has the face and the bearing that always melts my heart) If you want conventional though I'd have to say Brigitte Bardot

Actor: hmmm uh er "stammers" Sean Connery through most of the 80s :)
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Sorry Mr. A:

I don't think I've ever seen Ms. Catherine in a movie, I have heard of her, but if I ever saw her, she didn't make much of an impression on me, but I don't normally care for the 'haughty' type of beauty.

Female:

Light coloring: Maureen O'Hara
Dark Coloring: Elizabeth Taylor

Male:

Light: Robert Redford
Dark: Gregory Peck

. . . . . Naturally I prefer Bob Mitchum, but he's more rugged and sexy
. . . . . than handsome.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Dawtrina

Post by Dawtrina »

I have no idea about the men. I know my better half would write a list that would include Johnny Depp at the top but I have no idea myself.

As for the ladies:

3. Ellen Barkin in The Big Easy is as sexy as it gets.

2. Rosanna Arquette looking at the camera in Amazon Women on the Moon makes me melt every single time, and I've seen that film a lot.

1. Maggie Cheung. In anything. From any time. She was gorgeous in 1985 in Police Story with Jackie Chan. She was gorgeous in Clean in 2004 with Nick Nolte. She was gorgeous at every point in between. In fact the depth of who she is means that she's even gorgeous when not looking gorgeous. Incidentally she's also one of the greatest actresses working today and most people have never heard of her. So it goes.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I've heard of and own some films with Maggie Cheung in. I agree she is stunning :)