The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
Professional Tourist

Re: The whiny thread

Post by Professional Tourist »

Speaking of Amazon --

They have just raised the minimum purchase for free shipping from $25 to $35!

Read it and weep.

ARGH!!! :x :x
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Arrggh! it figures.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Amazon just announced a distribution center in Baltimore. I guess I'll have to start paying the sales tax.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh no, Chris! I could buy things for you and ship them, it might be cheaper. :D
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It's a good thing. It will probably bring about 1000 jobs. The thing is I never need anything so soon as the same day or next day.

I'll keep the offer in mind though.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Professional Tourist wrote:Speaking of Amazon --

They have just raised the minimum purchase for free shipping from $25 to $35!

Read it and weep.

ARGH!!! :x :x
I hate this, but love Amazon enough to consider if it's worth my while to just get a Prime membership to avoid this fiasco. $25 was a nice number to not feel TOO bad about "wasting" money on something fun, and get the free shipping, you know? For $35, I have to instead "hold" purchases until I have a few things I want all at the same time. My impulse shopping will be impacted by this.
Professional Tourist

Two things:

1) A few weeks ago Amazon raised the minimum purchase for free shipping from $35 to $49. :x

2) I have root canal scheduled for Monday. By now the tooth is giving me enough pain that I'm looking forward to the procedure. :o :(
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Best wishes, PT! I've had two root canals, and experienced VERY little pain. The doctor said I might want to eat a lot of ice cream. I said, "Why should today be any different?"
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

I've had so many root canals that my dentist is trying to get me to grow new teeth so that she can stay in practice.

Good luck, PT.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Professional Tourist

Thank you for the good wishes RedRiver and ChiO. I've had the procedure now. The good news is that the endodontist was able to complete the root canal in one appointment -- I don't have to go back a week later to finish up. I'll just need the permanent filling in the tooth from my regular dentist, in a couple of weeks. He said it went well. I'm still numb from the local anesthetic -- three huge needles -- and have two prescriptions for pain meds waiting for when it wears off. He said to avoid chewing on that side for a week or so, when I can do so without discomfort.

I made sure to have a good breakfast this morning. I'm planning on yogurt for dinner tonight, or if I'm feeling ambitious, soup and mashed potatoes. :)
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Glad the worst is behind you! When I had surgery a coule of years ago, a very dear friend gave me a get well card that said, "anyone who says laughter is the best medicine, has never had Morphine! Take your meds".

Good advice. :lol: :lol:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Professional Tourist

Knitwit45, once the Novocaine wore off I was trying to tough-out the pain. Then I saw your message and took it as a sign. I took my first pain pill and was feeling better within twenty minutes. I have since enjoyed a dinner of yogurt, soup, and mashed potatoes. Thanks! :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

:lol: Just doin my job...
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

What I learned by means of several root canals (have another scheduled for July): Never take the pain-killers in anticipation of pain; only when there is pain.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Professional Tourist

I agree with you regarding the pain-killers, ChiO. Early this morning I had a bad reaction to one of my pain meds, and missed work again today. Went back to the endodontist this afternoon who made a bite adjustment, so there would be a little less pain, and gave me a new script for something else. At this point I'm afraid to take anything and am just putting up with the pain for now. It's not quite as bad as yesterday. Sorry to know you've got another root canal coming up this summer, ChiO. :( My condolences in advance.