Someone's having a birthday!

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: Someone's having a birthday!

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: March 14th, 2024, 7:25 pm
Dargo wrote: March 14th, 2024, 4:42 pm
Masha wrote: March 14th, 2024, 4:23 pm The faulty timekeeping of the mythical: "Arizona" is not a factor in determining that the day was twenty-three hours only.
LOL

I think you meant "mystical Arizona" (especially around here in Sedona) and not "mythical" here, Masha. ;)

Are you not the one who claims also that: "Pismo Beach" is an actual location and not the invention of gagwriters rifting off the brand name: Pepto-Bismol to describe a place full of nauseating beachgoers? You seem in all regards to be a kindly and intelligent person but I am sorry to say that your belief in unreal geography means that your judgement is as questionable as that of a Changeling Child.

I have some measure of affirmation from my little Fuzzy. He spent approx. a year not far from Falstaff in his youth and claims the entire area is unreal bordering on delusional.
Hmmm..."Falstaff" Arizona, ya say? Or at least your Little Fuzzy says that anyway, eh?! Ah! Well, I think I now see the problem here, Masha my sweet!

Uh-huh, and 'cause unless LF actually meant to say "Flagstaff", a wonderful little college town (Univ. of Northern Arizona) with a population of about 45,000 people and that's surrounded by the world's largest forest of Ponderosa Pines (uh-huh, I mean you DO know that Arizona is NOT just one big desert, don't ya) with an elevation of around 7,000ft and only about a 45 minute drive (or ride of a motorcycle) from my home here in Sedona...well ya see, the point I'm tryin' to make here is that there is NO place in Arizona named after that fictional character the Bard of Avon wrote scenes for in three of his plays...i.e. "Falstaff". AND thus, and in effect being a TRUE "mythical" place!

(...see what I mean?) ;)
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Dargo wrote: March 14th, 2024, 7:52 pm
Masha wrote: March 14th, 2024, 7:25 pm
Dargo wrote: March 14th, 2024, 4:42 pm

LOL

I think you meant "mystical Arizona" (especially around here in Sedona) and not "mythical" here, Masha. ;)

Are you not the one who claims also that: "Pismo Beach" is an actual location and not the invention of gagwriters rifting off the brand name: Pepto-Bismol to describe a place full of nauseating beachgoers? You seem in all regards to be a kindly and intelligent person but I am sorry to say that your belief in unreal geography means that your judgement is as questionable as that of a Changeling Child.

I have some measure of affirmation from my little Fuzzy. He spent approx. a year not far from Falstaff in his youth and claims the entire area is unreal bordering on delusional.
Hmmm..."Falstaff" Arizona, ya say? Or at least your Little Fuzzy says that anyway, eh?! Ah! Well, I think I now see the problem here, Masha my sweet!

Uh-huh, and 'cause unless LF actually meant to say "Flagstaff", a wonderful little college town (Univ. of Northern Arizona) with a population of about 45,000 people and that's surrounded by the world's largest forest of Ponderosa Pines (uh-huh, I mean you DO know that Arizona is NOT just one big desert, don't ya) with an elevation of around 7,000ft and only about a 45 minute drive (or ride of a motorcycle) from my home here in Sedona...well ya see, the point I'm tryin' to make here is that there is NO place in Arizona named after that fictional character the Bard of Avon wrote scenes for in three of his plays...i.e. "Falstaff". AND thus, and in effect being a TRUE "mythical" place!

(...see what I mean?) ;)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: March 14th, 2024, 7:52 pm

(...see what I mean?) ;)
It is by now quite obvious that I am cursed to make endluss missteaks in this thread. My sole excuse for this flub is that I quickly read some of my little Fuzzy's journal to find the names of places where he has lived because I did remember Arizona but I did not recall which city. It is sad to say that his handwriting is such that the first 'F' and last 'f' are the only ones which are sufficiently plain to risk betting actual money that they are meant to be real letters rather than tracks of body paint rubbed off two inchworms on acid making love.

I retire defeated, humbled and humiliated. Go on and believe in Arizona, Pismo Beach and other irrational geography if that is your wont.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jimimac71 wrote: March 14th, 2024, 8:01 pm
Yep, jimimac! And like Nat says, "Don't forget Winona!" ;)

(...and which is really easy to forget btw, and because it's SO small, as that old joke goes..."They placed a mirror at the end of Main St. just to make the town look bigger")
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIBI!

Hibi

Post by Hibi »

TikiSoo wrote: March 21st, 2024, 5:36 am HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIBI!

Thanks! My favorite flower!
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

TikiSoo wrote: March 21st, 2024, 5:36 am HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIBI!

Hi Tikisoo, is your birthday coming up? I have a great photo in mind to post for that.

And many happy returns of the day to Hibi!
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Happy Birthday Hibi! 🎂🍨
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: March 21st, 2024, 8:45 am Hi Tikisoo, is your birthday coming up?
I stopped having birthdays years ago!

:smiley_shades: I'm afraid to suggest you just go ahead & post it-
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

TikiSoo wrote: March 21st, 2024, 10:15 am
Detective Jim McLeod wrote: March 21st, 2024, 8:45 am Hi Tikisoo, is your birthday coming up?
I stopped having birthdays years ago!

:smiley_shades: I'm afraid to suggest you just go ahead & post it-

Here it is-

TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: March 21st, 2024, 10:18 am Here it is-
LOL!!
:smiley_clap:
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Happy Birthday Hibi!
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Happy birthday, Hibi!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Thanks, all! I'm with Tiki, birthdays are more of an afterthought at my age, but appreciate all the good wishes!
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Happy Birthday to my Friend Hibi
Hope you have the Best Birthday
ever.

🥂🎂🧁🍦🍧