Someone's having a birthday!

Chit-chat, current events
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Re: Someone's having a birthday!

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Happy Belated Birthday, Cinemaven!
It won't be long now until Robert can give you another hug, and we can all celebrate in person!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Nice Picture of her and Robert Osborne Sue Sue. HB to CM ...
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Cine-majesty! The happiest of days to a delightful correspondent! Cary Grant can't make it. Sending Sterling Holloway instead.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

mongoII

Post by mongoII »

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, THERESA. ALL THE BEST TO YOU, SINCE YOU DESERVE IT.
Joseph Goodheart
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u][color=#FF0000]ChiO[/color][/u] wrote:HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, Maven! Oh, if you were here, all the cheezborgies and beer you want would be available at Billy Goat's. But you're not, so I had them in your honor.
Well...waste not want not I always say. Glad you took care of those burgers! You also put to rest which city ( New York / Chicago ) has the grander architecture. As a native New Yorker I have to say your town wins hands down. Thanks for the birthday wish.

[u][color=#FF0000]Sue Sue Applegate[/color][/u] wrote:Happy Belated Birthday, Cinemaven!
It won't be long now until Robert can give you another hug, and we can all celebrate in person!
Hi SueSue. If I didn't have that picture, I would think I dreamed that day up.

So yes...let the countdown begin. Oh...you'll get your hugs too! Thanks for the birthday wish.

[u][color=#FF0000]Rita Hayworth[/color][/u] wrote:Nice Picture of her and Robert Osborne Sue Sue. HB to CM ...
Thank you very much Erik. Tons and tons of lipstick, polish and paint by TCM to make me look like I did.

[u][color=#FF0000]RedRiver[/color][/u] wrote:Cine-majesty! The happiest of days to a delightful correspondent! Cary Grant can't make it. Sending Sterling Holloway instead.
Majesty? Dude you're going to get the villagers all riled up against me with pitchforks giving me a title like that. Thanks for the birthday post. I'll forgive Cary this time. Have you ever HEARD Sterling Holloway sing?

SEE "REMEMBER THE NIGHT." Cary Grant is no Sterling Holloway. ;-)

[u][color=#FF0000]mongoII[/color][/u] wrote:A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, THERESA. ALL THE BEST TO YOU, SINCE YOU DESERVE IT.
My man Mongo! Thanks so much.

[u][color=#FF0000]JackFavell[/color][/u] wrote: Image
Cary, what could I possibly have in common with you? Yes we're both born January 18th and yes we're both Capricorns, but you're such a big movie star, and I am a little ol' movie maven. Let me see what you mean:

Image Image

Cary you're so gorgeous, you ALWAYS belong front and center.

Image Image Image

I'm sure you have many more passports than I. But I'll show you my pictures if you show me yours.

Image Image

The next drink's on me Cary. What's your pleasure?

Image Image

...On second thought I should have worn my itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini for you. Wait right there Cary. I'll go change.

Image Image

So we both love our pets. Yay! Now I know my little Abby is not so cute and cuddly-looking. But her heart was sooooo big. And she was such a sweetie pie. I miss her.

Image Image

You stand out Cary, while I am a face in the crowd. But we both like to be part of the movie-going experience.

Image Image

I usually don't share my movie candy but I certainly would with you. But alas, I see you brought your own.

You've shown me that we ARE soulmates. But we wouldn't have found this out if it wasn't for you JaxXxon! Girl, thanks so much for your birthday message. xoxo
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hahahahaha! That giant Twizzlers package is hilarious!

Hope your birthday was all that you could hope for, my friend. Don't eat those things all at one sitting.

Like I probably would. :D
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I caught your birthday late over at TCM. I said there that we spent a little time together on your birthday, about 2 minutes. I caught the Fan Perspective on one of my DVDs where you make an appearance.

Hope you and Cary had a great day.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hello Brother Rat. Thank you for the birthday wish. Me and the buttered bag. I really over did it. This is what happens when I'm left to my own devices. It was embarassing as hell...but you were such a gentleman to help me...and not laugh directly in my face. What a mess. Oy vey!!!!! :roll: Next time I'll bring Twizzlers!!! :oops:

Hi there Chris. Thank you so much for your birthday post. You've made me feel a little like Carol Burnett: "I'm so glad we had this time...together." Cary Grant and I had a blast. It was nice to read about how much we have in common. Thank you again, Chris. :)

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Happy Birthday Bob. Good health, good company and good movies for you on this day and every day. All the best to you!

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Sorry!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Happy Birthday, Robert!

Hope you had an amazing day!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Robert Regan

Post by Robert Regan »

Many thanks, dear friends, for you kind greetings, and also to the stars who helped you!