At Random

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: At Random

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I can't compare mine, they are chalk and cheese. They get along well, most of the time.

Elizabeth never really had tantrums, Joe does but the are getting better. He has bags of confidence, everything is approached like that. Oh to be 4 and to have Christmas on the way.

I'm glad it's not only me who has had difficulties in finding which buttons to press to get them to behave.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Well, I'm happy this evening. Two of the young attorneys I work for gave me a really cool Christmas present -- an iPod Touch. Wow.

I downloaded my Tunes (I already had a Mini), and I'm playing with all the pre-loaded bells & whistles now while I listen to Ringo Starr sing, with his tongue in cheek, about how great he is ("And you better believe it, Baby!"). The sound quality is very good. Apple does seem to be able to upgrade the sound quality with each new gizmo.

Now the question is, am I really going to avail myself of all the applications this thing can accommodate? Not likely, but I may broaden my techie horizons a tad just because I can.

They're such good boys. And the Poddy is engraved, too.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Well, I'm happy this evening. Two of the young attorneys I work for gave me a really cool Christmas present -- an iPod Touch. Wow.

I downloaded my Tunes (I already had a Mini), and I'm playing with all the pre-loaded bells & whistles now while I listen to Ringo Starr sing, with his tongue in cheek, about how great he is ("And you better believe it, Baby!"). The sound quality is very good. Apple does seem to be able to upgrade the sound quality with each new gizmo.

Now the question is, am I really going to avail myself of all the applications this thing can accommodate? Not likely, but I may broaden my techie horizons a tad just because I can.

They're such good boys. And the Poddy is engraved, too.
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Congratulations, jdb1 -- use it in good health.

You are one step closer to becoming a Mac user! :wink: :lol:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Well, it isn't like you don't deserve it! You work hard, and also have to educate some of the young ones in etiquette, proper use of the language, and general babysitting....in other words, YAHOO!!! your hard work has been recognized, and appreciated. :D :D
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

And my nice Poddy showed me where I live, on its little map (it asked me my permission first -- how sweet). Now I suppose the CIA, FBI and the KGB (oh, I forgot, there's no such thing) have my coordinates, if they didn't already have them before. It's when Major League Baseball starts watching me that I'll begin to worry. (For those who may not know, that's a reference to The Simpsons.)

All this tech stuff is very heady and seductive, but I don't think I'm ready to give myself up completely to the Continuum. (That's a Star Trek reference.)

"Judith is feeling:" LIke a Luddite.

"What is Judith doing right now? " None of your damn business.
charliechaplinfan

Bless those young attorneys. You deserve it Judith.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Thank you for your nice words, friends, but I know the generosity the boys show me is in part because I'm the one mother figure who doesn't lay guilt trips on them. It always surprises me how forthcoming they are in talking to me. Kinda cute, actually.
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

jdb1 wrote:Thank you for your nice words, friends, but I know the generosity the boys show me is in part because I'm the one mother figure who doesn't lay guilt trips on them. It always surprises me how forthcoming they are in talking to me. Kinda cute, actually.
And they appreciate it and you, how great. Congrats on the new shiny toy!

:D
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Interesting movie produced by the US Air Force in the early 60s rebutting films like Dr. Strangelove.
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nukevault/ebb304/
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Didn't know where to post this but....
JETER!!!!!!

3000th hit is a home run!?!!! They wouldn't dare even put that in Field of Dreams!
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's so exciting! I love baseball. :D
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

This is as good a place as any. Good for him for not struggling so when he was coming on his milestone. Some people can take weeks to get through an important record.

I use to love baseball.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

The school holidays are here, 7 weeks they are off school, 2 weeks down, 5 to go. I've entertained the children's friends even going as far is to play Mario Kart on the Wii. To the uninitiated it is a game were you steer your character and kart along a chosen track dodging all sorts of hazards on the way. I'm so bad at it, I can drive a normal car but put a Wii steering wheel in my hand and I'm all over the place, I bump into everything I'm not meant to and fall down every hole and miss every opportunity. It's not my chosen pastime but I've been a good sport playing to make up numbers yet now everyone wants to play me because I make next years 4 year old look really good at it, the sport is to laugh at how bad I am and even with practice I don't improve. Nevermind Mummy is often heard at the moment in our house, along with howls of laughter.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

You aren't alone. I am terrible at driving on the wii. I don't know how these kids pick it up so fast.