At Random

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: At Random

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Too be fair these things aren't my preferred entertainment, whereas hubby has played various types of games over the years. it's joe's birthday soon so he wanted two more controllers so that we could have family games, that means they can beat me at once.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Alison, when Casey brought his Wii to my house 2 Christmas's ago, we bowled...and bowled...and bowled (snowed in, couldn't get out at all) He and his brother also golfed, played tennis, volleyball, etc. I only bowled. First time out, I nearly killed my cat :shock: :shock: when I released the controller (you release the ball, why not the controller :roll: :roll: :roll: ?)

They loved playing against me, because my bowling balls could jump lanes, etc....Didn't see the cat for days.......
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha ha!Poor kitty... :shock:
charliechaplinfan

You reminded me I can't bowl either, yet the kids were scoring perfect strikes all the time and this was back when Joe was 4. My fear is that he'll release the controller, I've drummed it into him so much that now he nearly cuts off the circulation in his wrist strapping it on.

I don't know how children today can be bored like we were during the holidays, they have so much to entertain them, all kinds of computer gaming where the time albeit is limited, films galore to watch, books everywhere, craft boxes and out door pursuits. Their diaries are usually packed with more appointments than mine. They wouldn't have coped in the 70s.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Back then, we went outside and wandered around all by ourselves if there were no neighborhood kids to play with. They can't do that anymore. I think of how I used to just go for a walk in the woods at age nine, and I get creeped out thinking about what would happen now if kids were allowed to roam all day long.
charliechaplinfan

I know, yet I can't believe that there are more dangerous people around today, we were told not to speak to strangers. Hubby and I were only saying yesterday how we would be allowed to walk short distances by ourselves, I shudder at the thought of letting my kkids do that, too many cars and they don't seem to have an awareness. Plenty 7,8,9 year olds used to walk themselves to school, my kids will be accompanied for quite a while yet.
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

I know neither team is in a "big" market, but this World Series has been one the most exciting I've seen. Go CARDS!
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I've hardly watched any baseball all year but I came in at the bottom of the 9th in Game 6. Pretty exciting and pretty depressing that the Rangers couldn't pull it off. To be that close twice and not put it away is too bad. I didn't have any favorite but it was nice to see, again, that some big market teams were at home. Money can't buy you love or a championship.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Speaking of baseball... My hometown Orioles, who I haven't really followed that closely as they have been losers for the last 14 years, have decided to go back to a hat design they used back in the 70s. I thought it was awful then and worse now. Yeah, they were good once upon a time but those hats were awful. Now, they're back. Darn it.

Chris

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I am so sorry, Chris! Ugh. At least they aren't these ugly Pittsburgh Pirates style:

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Chris, I take your Baltimore Caps over Mine any day.

This is back in the late 70's when the Mariners were just starting out ... these are pathetic caps! I had one for 2 years and threw it away; thank goodness it was a freebie!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

For awhile, at least, everyone had the good sense to change. Nobody beats Pittsburgh on ugly for those 70s uniforms. They had to have so many combinations. I didn't even remember the Mariners hat.

When I was a kid a saw a game where the Orioles played - The Seattle Pilots. (how's that for old?)
Chris

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Who are the Seattle Pilots? Seriously.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

JackFavell wrote:Who are the Seattle Pilots? Seriously.
The Seattle Pilots were a Professional Baseball Team in the 1969 ... that played here for one season (declared bankruptcy) and was sold to a Milwaukee Businessman and got renamed to Milwaukee Brewers.

General Information regarding the Pilots
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamsta ... 1969&t=SE1

Seattle Pilots Baseball Cap

Seattle Pilots Jersey Shirt

Our Official Team Logo
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks! and I thought I was a baseball fan....