I hereby organize the first SSO World Congress.

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: I hereby organize the first SSO World Congress.

Post by charliechaplinfan »

OMG is a good one, it drives me mad too.

Judith, mad and wicked sound just as bad. All the ones I seem to think of are juvenile, is that because I find their language the most annoying or is it because they've more to say for themselves.

Do you think people ever listen to themselves. Have a young child and you'll soon find out what your own phrases are. 'Oh my goodness' is mine and when feeling very harrassed 'for heaven's sake' it comes out of the mouths of babes with all the gesturing too and seeing as I can't talk without hands, it's very funny.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

"I'm like, you know, um, er, totally down with it, cause it's like, you know, totally awesome, cause back in the day, in the hood at my crib, you know, we must of (not have) been trippin, it was off the hook, like, you know? Ain't a complete sentence when you do your time before you're paroled?
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

As much as I'd like to be able to hear most of you, there are those times when I'm very happy that this site doesn't provide audio. A very small part of this community must surely be in love with the sound of their own voices. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
bryce

Verily.

Post by bryce »

It's been a long time since I've had someone following me around quipping. I forgot how much I enjoy it!
klondike

Post by klondike »

It's beginning to sound like you two need to rent a three dimensional room together somewhere!
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Doesn't anyone remember a certain voice that belonged to Patsy Cline? The angels, as pure as they are, were envious of that voice. She could have, on her own, replaced the sirens who lured brave Ulysses to their lair. Some consider her to have been the first C&W superstar. What an incredible talent she was and taken from us much too soon.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Bryce, at first I thought your thread was so subversively transgressive that it was delicious. Or, should I say, so bad that it's good...in a guilty pleasure sort of way. But, I believe that your metapsychology reifies the rememoration of the gestalt vis-a-vis a frankfurter qua weiner.

And, may God bless.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Chio:

My head just split open. You and Hollis could have a completely meaningless conversation and tire yourselves out.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
bryce

Post by bryce »

You may have won this time, Mr. ChiO, but mark my words, you haven't seen the last of Barbados Slim!

Now goodbye... forever!!

ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Bryce wrote:
Now goodbye... forever!!
Now, there you go...being positive again.

Wait'll I get home...there's some of that Shiner's in the fridge, then we can Duke it out (while Mrs. Bryce & Mrs. ChiO laugh).
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

"We must service the customer"

This phrase was used countless times when I worked at the bank. It made me want to laugh every time someone would say it.

What happened to serving the customer?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

our local newscaster on channel 5 is a ditz who practically screams the news, like everything is a disaster or emergency or BREAKING NEWS. I just want to choke her sometimes. The icing on her cake is when she uses the word "bust" as in "The police busted in the door". Or, "they busted up the dope ring". Now she's got her partner saying it, too. Guess the answer is to change the channel...... :roll: :roll:
bryce

Post by bryce »

Along those same lines, Jack, I find the trend of tax-and-fee-funded government agencies referring to me as "customer" to be alarming. I am a citizen, my non-voluntary taxes and fees pay your wage, and you had damned well better act like it. A customer can be ignored, a citizen cannot. Signs informing me that my "business" or "patronage" as a "customer" is appreciated only further cement the fact that the agency in question is trying its damndest to relegate me to the position of a consumer, as opposed to someone who is, through governmental monopoly (they are the only game in town, after all), forced to do "business" with you. Cheats, liars, thieves, scum.

This is especially prevalent at DPS/DMV offices and courthouses. The latter being wholly inappropriate when you think about it.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Whoa there Chris,

I may be verbose (at times) but I'm completely innocent in this case. I believe that if you look back, you'll find Bryce and ChiO swapping polysyllabic banter with each other. Any more than two syllables and I'm usually lost. I think that it's time for The Andy Griffith Show to come on so I'll take my one bullet and go turn the TV on. How dare Newton Minnow call television "a vast wasteland ?" After Andy, Barney, Aunt Bea and Opie are done, I'm going to watch Wheel of Fortune !" What a night. I hope I have enough popcorn !

As always, Hollis
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

JackFavell wrote:"We must service the customer"

This phrase was used countless times when I worked at the bank. It made me want to laugh every time someone would say it.

What happened to serving the customer?
You worked in a bank too, well they are the same here too. Business speak I hate it!
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin