I hereby organize the first SSO World Congress.

Chit-chat, current events
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: I hereby organize the first SSO World Congress.

Post by movieman1957 »

Hollis wrote:"I'm like, you know, um, er, totally down with it, cause it's like, you know, totally awesome, cause back in the day, in the hood at my crib, you know, we must of (not have) been trippin, it was off the hook, like, you know? Ain't a complete sentence when you do your time before you're paroled?
That is the one I was referring to. This kind also makes my head hurt. That was all the comparison I was trying, badly, to make.

Carry on fine sir.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Re: I hereby organize the first SSO World Congress.

Post by JackFavell »

You worked in a bank too, well they are the same here too. Business speak I hate it!
Ha! Yes, it's awful, isn't it? I worked there for thirteen years. We started out as a friendly, neighborhood bank, and eventually the bosses decided they had to compete with the big banks, so the use of jargon got really intolerable.

The worst thing is, when I think of "servicing" the customer, all I can think of is that the word means "copulation with a female animal, used of male animals, especially studs." OK, maybe I'm messed up, but this is what comes to mind whenever that phrase is used.....