Our Family Album

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: Our Family Album

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Ah, you two are real soulmates, the stuff of movies. I love the pictures, I'll try and post one of Miss Molly tonight.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks a million, Alison.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

these are from Alison. What a sweet family, and a sweet kitty!!!!

Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Feaito, you and your wife are such a beautiful couple, in every way. :D

To me she looks very much spanish, but I think you look more brasilian than spanish to me. Actually, you remind me a little bit of Tom Jobim. :) I wonder if you might have some brasilian or portuguese heritage? [I myself am portuguese.]
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Fernando:

You look a great deal like my wife's uncle.

Alison:

Always lovely to see you and the kids.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
feaito

Post by feaito »

Alison, Your pixs are wonderful. I've seen both Joe and Libby before, but they look much grown-up in these photos. How fast time passes by! The Kitty is beautiful.

PT, my ancestors are principally from Spain, from Le Pays Basque (Vildósola, Urrutia) and Castille (Silva, Astorga, Alvear, Pérez). I also have some French blood (by the Fermandois and Pinochet branches), Brazilian-Portuguese (by the Barbosa da Bragrança family), English (Coke of Norfolk family) and Italian from Geneva (the Porcile Badino family).

As for my wife her Grandfather came from the Baleares Islands in Spain (of Catalan descent); her other greatgrandfather came from the North of Greece -and his mother came from Belarus or White Russia- and the rest of her ancestors as far as I know came from other provinces of Spain.

And thanks for your kind comments and I adore Jobim's music. Tom Jobim is my favorite Brazilian composer. I just can't have enough of his music! Bossa Nova just enraptures and bewitches me. Jobim's CDs are permanently being played in my apt.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Chris, it's kind of amazing and interesting to read that I resemble somebody totally unrelated to me, who lives so far away in another country.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Alison -
Cute, cute, cute!
Oh, and the kids and kitty aren't bad-lookin' either!
I enjoy hearing about all your adventures, keep sharing.
B
charliechaplinfan

Dear Nancy, thank you for postig my pictures I was puzzling over them for ages last night. It's nice to see that you know what you are doing.

The first picture is at easter in Spain. The other pictures are of Miss Molly, the day she came home. It's three weeks on and she has her feet right under the table. She's a leg climber (I've never had one before, it just means I can't feed her wearing a skirt, it has to be trousers) and she adores the boy cats and they her.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

feaito wrote:PT, my ancestors are principally from Spain, from Le Pays Basque (Vildósola, Urrutia) and Castille (Silva, Astorga, Alvear, Pérez). I also have some French blood (by the Fermandois and Pinochet branches), Brazilian-Portuguese (by the Barbosa da Bragrança family), English (Coke of Norfolk family) and Italian from Geneva (the Porcile Badino family).
Wow, you are basque, castillian, french, brazilian-portuguese, english, and swiss-italian! In other words, a true american. :P You know a great deal about your genealogy too. I'm portuguese (the Azores) from my mother's family, and italian and austrian from my father's family, but identify primarily with my mother's family. I know very little about family farther back than my grandparents, or where we came from in the 'old countries.' :oops:
charliechaplinfan

You have such a noble and mixed geneaology Fernando.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Hi PT, Genealogy is one of my passtimes! I have researched many "branches" of my Family Tree... BTW I love the Portuguese language, it's one of the most sensuous to be heard in a song along with Italian and French... Love Elis Regina, Eliane Elias, Bebel Gilberto, Maria Rita, Marisa Monte, Joao Gilberto, Tom Jobim, Miucha Buarque, Maria Bethania, Astrud Gilberto, Césaria Evora et al.
feaito

Post by feaito »

charliechaplinfan wrote:You have such a noble and mixed geneaology Fernando.
Thanks Alison. I think that the mixture of different Cultures and Ethnicities is most interesting.
charliechaplinfan

All I've got is a mixture of English and Irish not uncommon in these parts. I loved looking into my family history, I can't wait to show it to the kids when they're older.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Fernando,

You are a gorgeous couple as I've told you before. True beauty shines from the inside out, and you both reflect that.

Alison is absolutely adorable and her children are too! The only thing I missed on the trip to England was not seeing Libby and Joe.
I feel like I know them. But they look so grown up now! :)

Brenda
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard