Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: "You look a lot like ....

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Princess Catherine and Lynda Carter Wonder Woman

norfious

Post by norfious »

I was just watching SeaQuest DSV 2032 and it struck me how much Richard Herd looks like Karl Malden. Most of the first episode I spent thinking "How is that not Karl Malden?" Their resemblance is uncanny! When browsing for photos to compare, I found this nice collage of both actors. It's a puzzle figuring out who is who!
_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

When I saw this topic, I thought that it was similar to a topic on the TCM Message Boards:

Who do you look like of the beautiful people, the beautiful people?

I've been told that I look like several celebrities (Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Christopher Plummer, Richard Branson), none of whom I resemble in the slightest bit. The celebrity I think that I resemble (or at least use to resemble) was George Kennedy, alas.

I know that jamesjazzguitar has been told that he resembles Richard Gere.

Any SSO members been told, "You look a lot like . . ."?
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Funny, but just the other day in another thread around here, I mentioned that what I thought the SSO website here needed was a "Lookalikes" thread just like the one that ran for years over on the old TCM boards, and this being if there hadn't already been one started on these boards years ago that might been buried after a long time of non-use.

And so now it appears our friend norfious has indeed found it and has revived it! Thank you, norfious.
EP Millstone wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:55 pm When I saw this topic, I thought that it was similar to a topic on the TCM Message Boards:

Who do you look like of the beautiful people, the beautiful people?

I've been told that I look like several celebrities (Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Christopher Plummer, Richard Branson), none of whom I resemble in the slightest bit. The celebrity I think that I resemble (or at least use to resemble) was George Kennedy, alas.

I know that jamesjazzguitar has been told that he resembles Richard Gere.

Any SSO members been told, "You look a lot like . . ."?
And EPM, it's of course easy to understand how your confusion with regard to this SSO thread's original intent could come about, and considering the choice of its title. However, after reading the OP's first post in this, it becomes apparent that they were not referrencing any SSO board member in the first person, but it was instead a way of saying one celeb resembles another one.

However, just for the record here and in regard to the thought expressed within your above posting, here's a selfie I took of myself a few months ago so that people on my local nextdoor.com could place a face to a name whenever I post something there. And just so you'll know that while YOU might not believe you look anything like any of the celebs you said people sometimes say you look like, I think you'll see that yours truly here resembles one on those you mentioned here, and I think you know who that might be...

(...and so, how about givin' us a shot of your mug here now, and so we can see if you DO in fact resemble George Kennedy?)
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: February 10th, 2023, 11:19 pm . . . And just so you'll know that while YOU might not believe you look anything like any of the celebs you said people sometimes say you look like, I think you'll see that yours truly here resembles one on those you mentioned here, and I think you know who that might be...

(...and so, how about givin' us a shot of your mug here now, and so we can see if you DO in fact resemble George Kennedy?)
What did you ever do to me that I should punish you with mugshot of Yours Truly? Your one of the elite few SSO members whom I like. Why should I hurt your feelings?

I remember the photo of you and Stephanie Powers that you posted on the TCM Message Boards. I also remember you reporting that some folks thought you resembled Cesar Romero. I see it.

But with that (I suspect atypical and uncharacteristic) mean scowl you adopted in your Nextdoor pic, I also definitely see a resemblance to James Coburn.
Last edited by EP Millstone on February 11th, 2023, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Dargo! Go ahead on! Maybe the Dude, Jeff Bridges? Meaner though, bowled more games than him.

How do you post a selfie?
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

There is a "Lookalikes" thread already....it's called Separated At Birth?

https://www.silverscreenoasis.com/oasis ... 0&start=15

I have found a lot of redundant threads with different titles & sure it's family common in older message boards that had several influxes of traffic throughout the years. It doesn't matter which one you choose to post in, it will show up on the board index of "recently posted"
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

TikiSoo wrote: February 11th, 2023, 7:07 am There is a "Lookalikes" thread already....it's called Separated At Birth?
. . . in which case, this topic should be devoted to the subject of SSO members who resemble celebrities . . . IMO.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: February 11th, 2023, 3:21 am Dargo! Go ahead on! Maybe the Dude, Jeff Bridges? Meaner though, bowled more games than him.
Ya know, yeah, I suppose there might be some resemblance 'tween Jeff "The Dude" Bridges's mug and mine here, Thompson. Except of course, my hair is a lot shorter, and that in my case, I like the Eagles. ;)

(...and yeah, I used to to do a lot of bowlin' back in the day as well...haven't rolled a ball down an alley for many years now, though)
Last edited by Dargo on February 11th, 2023, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: February 11th, 2023, 2:23 pm
TikiSoo wrote: February 11th, 2023, 7:07 am There is a "Lookalikes" thread already....it's called Separated At Birth?
. . . in which case, this topic should be devoted to the subject of SSO members who resemble celebrities . . . IMO.
Yeah, a good point here I'd say, EPM.

(...so then, where's your selfie here, "George Kennedy"???) ;)
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: February 11th, 2023, 2:53 pm . . . (...so then, where's your selfie here, "George Kennedy"???) ;)

You're CRRRRRRAZY to know who I am, aren't you?

Trust me on this one, Dargo:
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Well, I just took a selfie and it was the worst face I’ve ever seen. I’ve been looking for the right word to describe it all morning. Decadent? No. Wasted? No. There’s a word, but I can’t for the life of me bring it up. Debauched? No.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Dissipated, that might be it. I’m not sure. Anyway, since I use an electric razor and Never look in the mirror, the selfie was shocking.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: February 11th, 2023, 4:17 pm
Dargo wrote: February 11th, 2023, 2:53 pm . . . (...so then, where's your selfie here, "George Kennedy"???) ;)

You're CRRRRRRAZY to know who I am, aren't you?

Trust me on this one, Dargo:
Well, I'M not exactly that handsome devil that I once was EITHER ya know EPM, and as you can PLAINLY see from that selfie I posted earlier.

But okay, I'll drop this whole thing here if ya want.

(...far be it from me to continue to prod the camera-shy among us here) ;)
Last edited by Dargo on February 11th, 2023, 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: February 11th, 2023, 4:46 pm Dissipated, that might be it. I’m not sure. Anyway, since I use an electric razor and Never look in the mirror, the selfie was shocking.
LOL

Yeah, that was the word I was just about to suggest to ya here, Thompson.

(...yep, "dissipated")