"You look a lot like ....

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: "You look a lot like ....

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Who is it he looks like? I only recognise Bing :roll:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

The actor's name is Mathew McConaughey, and I really don't like him. He was in movies like A Time to Kill, Amistad, Lone Star (all good movies so I didn't have as bad a reaction to him there), and then some silly romantic comedies :shock: . He also appeared in an episode of Sex and the CIty as himself, and portrayed himself as a real Hollywood nutjob! I guess he's OK, at least he has a sense of humor. He's just the embodiment of the California, not to bright beach boy, health conscious, crunchy nutty, a muscle bound lunkhead, and it's probably far from the truth. But it has totally destroyed my enjoyment of Bing.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

not to bright beach boy, health conscious, crunchy nutty, a muscle bound lunkhead
Golly...that sounds like Mrs. ChiO describing me (except for that part about "beach boy", "health conscious", "crunchy nutty" and "muscle bound").
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

(muffled laughter)
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I've seen Matthew on both Leno and Letterman, and let's just say the boy is not overly humble. God's gift would have a fight on his hands with Matthew. He is a fine actor, it's his personal attitude that is kind of off setting. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance as the junior lawyer defending Samuel Jackson in A Time for Killing. He wasn't actually a junior lawyer, but needed help from a very seasoned Donald Southerland. This was also the movie that brought Sandra Bullock to my attention, and I've kept my eye on her ever since.

Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I think that's it, Anne. Plus I guess I am just contrary enough to be put off by whoever seems to be the next big thing. I don't think he's a bad actor, just not a very exciting or inventive. I do like Sandra Bullock though. She's got a sense of humor I like and her acting is without pretentions.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I don't think he's a bad actor

I do.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I do.

OK I'm perfectly fine agreeing with you. Call me fickle!

And stupid. I have a weird twist on the "You Look a Lot Like...." so I'll go ahead and post it, even though it is not a lookalike.

For years, and I mean years, I have thought that there were two actors named Edmund Lowe. One with a moustache, and one without. I was only recently clued in to the fact that they were the same person. Do these guys look like the same person to you?

ImageImage
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

This is something Jack Favell ... incredible likeness of both actors here.
feaito

Post by feaito »

JackFavell wrote:I do.

OK I'm perfectly fine agreeing with you. Call me fickle!

And stupid. I have a weird twist on the "You Look a Lot Like...." so I'll go ahead and post it, even though it is not a lookalike.

For years, and I mean years, I have thought that there were two actors named Edmund Lowe. One with a moustache, and one without. I was only recently clued in to the fact that they were the same person. Do these guys look like the same person to you?
He looks somewhat different. Maybe it is so, because in most of the photos in which he did not wear a moustache, he was younger?
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It's definitely the same actor, I just was so dumb I thought they were two different guys! :oops: :oops: :oops: :D :D
charliechaplinfan

It's happened to me before. At least I know who Matthew McConaughey is now, thanks. I'm never into the latest things, apart from George Clooney, even though he's been around for years, he's as close to the latest thing that I'll ever get to.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I usually don't pay too much attention to the new actors, either, Alison. I've never been one of those women drooling over Clooney, though he is as close to an old school movie star as we are likely to get. He has a certain charming way about him, rather self deprecating, that is very appealing. He always plays himself. He's a smart man, who can hold his own in conversation, I think because his family was always in the limelight.
charliechaplinfan

I like the self deprecating type, he stands up for his principles and makes films that interest him, in the barren world of today's movie stars he stands out a mile.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Clooney is from western Kentucky. Most people from there are incredibly charming!