The Advice Column

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: The Advice Column

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Then you are an unusual man, Chris and blouses, they are the worst to iron. I feel very uncomfortable when I see my hubby iron, it's the last job I'd let him turn his hand too just as he won't let me loose with the lawnmower.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

In the school I was raised in, uniforms were part of the discipline: learning to look sharp. ( Which I try to do anyway, but I resented having to. ) Of course, if you came 'round sometime after the dot of 3:30pm, you'd see shirt tails relievedly un-tucked, ties dangling from pockets rather than necks... We girls of then-Elementary age had it really rough though: a jumper, plaid, with straps that were always catching on door handles, offering no chance for after-school cool beyond the unbuttoning of a collar button.
charliechaplinfan

You should see Joe at 3.15, he certainly doesn't look like he did when I sent him in but then again as a little lad it's a good sign of him enjoying himself.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

A friend of mine said, "Give me a job where I can wear jeans and T-shirts, I'll work there for the rest of my life!"
charliechaplinfan

He'd be a joy to iron for :wink:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Most of our clothes are wash and wear, Andrew doesn't even have to wear a tie or anything. Alice's school is all t-shirts and jeans. There are privately funded schools where a uniform is required.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I've had jobs where a uniform is provided. That's nice too. Wear whatever you want. Change when you get to work!
charliechaplinfan

All schools here have a 'proper' uniform, shirt, tie, sweater or pullover, trousers for boys, skirt or pinafore for girls. It started (supposedly) so that kids wouldn't get called names if they didn't have labels but what actually happens is that you are tied to getting uniform from one place only and it costs more and it needs ironing.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I think the children look so cute in their school uniforms.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers