Rita Hayworth

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Thanks Joe! ... This is really cute! :)
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Brilliant, Joe! :lol: :lol: :lol:

From the good people at Harpie's Bizarre.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

We have been calling it THANKSGIVUKAH. In honor of the combined holiday including Hanukah. My family of 15 will be celebrating at my son's house in Fair Lawn, NJ. We all exchange Hanukah gifts on that day. Guess what the kids want this year --- money. they want to buy something electronic. I don't mind but it costs us a couple of thou. Oh well, it just cuts into their inheritance so let them enjoy it now.

A HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND A HAPPY HANUKAH TO ALL!!!

Rita and Steve
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

A Very Happy Thanksgiving one and all. (Thanks for the fun video, Mr. Mongo, sir. Meanwhile.. If I may.. I just wanted to share that I hear they are giving away FREE turkeys at the local shopping mall this year.. woo hoo!) :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

Not a bad thing indeed.. Enjoy.

(And PS: regarding the WKRP clip.. ha. I saw it for the first time decades ago when the show aired on tv WAAAAYYY back when I was a teenager (almost dinosaur days, ha) And to this DAY I still chuckle just imagining all the carnage.. and I love the ending where Mr. Carlson says "I thought turkeys could fly". Hilarious.. (though I confess that the fact I get such a grin from it all, lo these many years later is somewhat worrisome.. ha.. as I am not sure what it says about me. And yet, I still bust out laughing everytime) :lol:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

RO, I laugh out loud every time. And I saw it when it first aired, also. I can crack up just hearing Mr, Carlson's last line... :) :) :lol:

In fact, I always imagine its Mr Carlson in my avatar, lookin for that turkey. :lol: :roll: :)
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Ro, it says you have a sense of humor, and a slightly wild one at that. See, you can enjoy carnage as long as you don't have to see it. (Re: your comments about "Unforgiven.")

I just hope they're not giving them away in a similar manner.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

my Son is brining his turkey this year for the first time. Anyone here have experience with brining? Gary got the recipe from Alton Brown who works for Food Network. Gary is a VP there but got the advice from Alton through posted recipes. I hope it works out because I will be eating it on Thanksgivukah.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope you all have safe travels, warm hugs, full mugs, and a table full of delicious goodies!

I am very grateful for the wonderful life I have had so far, and wish you all the best!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

Hiya Neighbor Nancy.. I think that IS Mr. Carlson on the floor there. ha. (and meanwhile.. I like the turkey hiding in plain site. Too funny. I bet he is doing re-con and the other turkeys are on their way. HA. (Les Nesman was right.. they HAVE mounted a counter-attack, afterall. Gotta watch out for those "organized" turkeys.) :lol:

PS Mr. Movieman, ha. yes. I DO seem to pick and choose my carnage don't I? Ha! :lol:

Ok.. enough goofiness. ha. Sorry Mr. Mongo.. did not mean to get so blabby in your Happy Thanksgiving thread. Back to the well wishes, everybody.. HAPPY Thanksgiving one and all. :)
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hi again Ms. K!

Love the idea that the turkeys are organized. The look of sheer terror on Les's face is almost the best part of that scene.

If you run out of space in your fridge, Ro, you can just set your turkey outside...it will stay frozen for sure... BRRRRRRRRR.
Hope your holiday is wonderful, full of love and laughter, good things to eat, and surrounded by those you love.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Rohanaka, no problem at all. Take as long as you like to post your Thanksgiving message.
That's what the thread is here for.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
Joseph Goodheart
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

HiYa Uncle Stevie,

Upon reading that first sentence - I thought it said your son was bringing his turkey - - a whole other picture flashed through my little pee-brain!!!!
Then, the second sentence cleared it all up - brining - oh, OK!!!

It is to laugh!!!

Larry