My new foal

Chit-chat, current events
tinker

My new foal

Post by tinker »

first.jpg
first.jpg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
I had a new arrival last night. A bay filly with two white socks on the back legs and a snip on her nose. Mum is a thoroughbred and dad is a clydesdale. :D :D :D :D :D She arrived about two o'clock in the morning, no dramas thank goodness. She is drinking fine and her mother Georgie is okay, just tired.

Its been a long wait. I bought Georgie in foal early this year and she was enormous the last few weeks so I was quite worried how she would go with the foaling but she managed fine on her own. Foals legs are a bit bent but they will straighten out.

Anyway had to share

dee
[b]But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams[/b]. (William Butler Yeats )
[b]How did I get to Hollywood? By train.[/b] (John Ford)
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: My new foal

Post by moira finnie »

What a beautiful sight, Dee. Thank you so much for sharing that here. Do you have many horses of your own?

BTW, you have chosen a line from one of my favorite Yeats poem, “The Cloths of
Heaven," for your signature line.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I always loved horses and especially when they are born and I have friends that have horses and I wanted to congratulate you on a fine healthy baby foal ... what a noble animal a horse is. :)
tinker

Post by tinker »

BTW, you have chosen a line from one of my favorite Yeats poem, “The Cloths of
Heaven," for your signature line!
Thanks Moira. I remember at school we were forced into doing Yeats and I hated him, then somewhere as I got older, I started to see things in the poetry I never understood before that. Now I love his poems.

The sun came out a little while ago and it must have felt good because Junior just had her first canter. What is lovely to watch is when Junior is asleep Georgie stands guard. Every now and again she sniffs her baby and sort of wuffles, almost like she is caressing the foal. Mother nature is a wonderful thing.

Thanks Erik. You have no idea how much time I'm spending (I won't say wasting) just watching them today

dee
[b]But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams[/b]. (William Butler Yeats )
tinker

Post by tinker »

This is "Chrissie" on her second morning. Its an Australian abbreviation for Christmas, because she is my Christmas present.

She is doing well and so is mum. Her legs were a little wobbly yesterday but much stronger today. Her father is a clydesdale (like the budweiser horses) and those legs are VERY big and long.

dee
Attachments
second.jpg
second.jpg (63.39 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

What a wonderful picture of Chrissie! :)