Things which I learned today:

Chit-chat, current events
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Things which I learned today:

Post by moira finnie »

i am so sorry about your dog, Chris. I suspect that any dog lucky enough to have you and The Bride as companions for 16 years had a great life.

As to the car, it never seems like a good idea to buy a brand new car to me, since I just can't get past the idea of the depreciation of the vehicle, but usually aim for something that starts, will pass inspection and is still under warranty when making such a necessary purchase. Given this philosophy, I've driven some less than lovely looking rides, but they got me where I needed to go.

Take care of yourself. I hope things work out and fond memories of your pup help you heal your heartache over this passing.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

My 1998 Buick was hardly appealing in its looks. That's why we got on so well. It won't be a new car after all. Never really thought it would be. (The Bride did.) Something to keep me busy this week.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

God bless you for having the talent to do all that work. I'd find a way to destroy it.
Chris

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I learned that after 28 years in the insurance business there are still surprises in my end of it.

I get a call today from a dealership that one of my customers is picking up two new cars today. Well, two at once is unusual enough, but the real kicker is what they are buying.

Both 2014s; they are a Bentley (at $235,000) and an Astin Martin DB9 (at $188,000.) I've never added one to anyone's policy never mind two to the same.

We'll see. I'm still awaiting confirmation from the customer but this will surely be a first.

A lot of money just to get to work.
Chris