New York City

Chit-chat, current events
Jacqueline T. Lynch

Re: New York City

Post by Jacqueline T. Lynch »

Fossy, I agree -- I've been to NYC many times and never felt threatened, including on the subways. But my only trip to Key West was met with peril of the humorous kind. Not only were there those free-spirited types one meets, but a party of celebrating ladies just off a cruise ship, three-sheets to the wind, as we say, took over a souvenir shop like pirates boarding a captured vessel. I kept out of their way.

As for the Gideon Bible, I actually have seen them in hotels -- not always, but they're still around in some places, I think.

I've been to Australia as well, but the only danger there was to be smothered with kindness.
Another Old Movie Blog -- [url]http://anotheroldmovieblog.blogspot.com[/url]
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

I have referred a couple of friends to this site and been asked why I did not relate the event at Key West. So I will. What happened was this,

One of the painted ladies caught me staring at her. She was bigger than I, and seemed to have muscles on her muscles. I thought I was dead, and she said to me "haven`t you seen a G string before". I forced myself to relax and replied "of course I have, but they usually don`t have a row of curls along the top". She looked a bit stunned for a moment, then broke into a grin, threw her arms around me, told me she loved me and planted a big wet kiss on me before walking off.It was my turn to be shocked.
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

And to cap it all off, on Tuesday morning (31st Mar), a phone call from Ann.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Somehow I missed this the first time around. Very entertaining story of your trip. You have a way with storytelling to keep it fun. :)