Personal Update

Chit-chat, current events
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Personal Update

Post by moira finnie »

Welcome to America & Marital Bliss, Masha. Long may you wave and be happy. I've wondered where you had gone but am delighted that you've returned with such joyous news and your droll humor intact. Let the revels begin!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Omigosh! I hope the ankle heals quickly and the next border guard doesn't know a word of Russian! :wink:
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Masha,

My heartfelt congratulations to you on not only becoming an US citizen but to you and Capuchin as you celebrate being becoming husband and wife!

Long have I followed your saga at TCM City and here and I am so happy to see that this long awaited day of marriage has finally come to be for you!

Congratulations and may you have a lifetime of great times, love and memories in your future!

I am so happy for the both of you!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Masha,

I just read your post about being a US Citizen and most importantly marrying your wonderful husband Capuchin as you begin your journey together in love and respect.

I'm was thrilled to read this.
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Masha,

It is quite a happy surprise to read that you and your fiance have tied the knot -- I had the impression that your engagement had lasted for decades. Well done, kids! :)

He must have really wanted to marry you twice to take you to such a country, because only the civil ceremony is necessary for legal marriage -- religious ceremonies are optional, but not legally binding in countries such as France, and so are generally preceded a few days by the civil ceremony. [When there is going to be a religious ceremony, the reception generally takes place after that one.]

Perhaps the dancing at your reception looked something like this:

[youtube][/youtube]

From the list of day trips you took, I would guess that the base camp for your honeymoon was northern Switzerland.

Other than the injury to your groom's ankle, it sounds like you had a great time.

And congratulations on the new citizenship, too. 8)
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Masha...congratulations on your marriage. I have folllowed some of the shenanigans of you two kids from the days of being over at TCM-City. I wish you both years of love and happiness.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Masha:

This is such wonderful news. Congratulations on both counts. Having been married 30 years myself I wish you a long and happy time together. It is a wonderful thing.

I admire you for your willingness and bravery for facing what must have been a daunting task to come here. I hope you enjoy the many benefits and even the responsibilities that come with your new home.

Best wishes.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."