Greetings from Lake Balboa

Chit-chat, current events
Lzcutter
Administrator

Greetings from Lake Balboa

Post by Lzcutter »

Hello, Oasisians!!!!!

No, I am not lakeside sipping cocktails and enjoying the summer holiday!

We have finished moving (still in my beloved City of Angels, Valley division) from Sherman Oaks to Lake Balboa (about five miles) and are now in the process of unpacking.

We also have internet again so I will be hanging out at this outpost more as the summer drags on. A girl can't spend all her time unpacking, can she?

Have missed you guys very much and am very, very glad to be done moving. If we ever move again, we selling the house and all the contents (except for a handful of treasures). I am not moving all this stuff ever again.

My Maltese Falcon is sitting on the dresser.

This was his fourth move and he seems quite happy.

So, does Mr. Bo.

Jon and I are happy but very tired.

Happy July 4th to everyone!!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Masha

Re: Greetings from Lake Balboa

Post by Masha »

I have missed your warmth and gentle humor.

I hope that you find your new home to be better than you anticipated!

I am sorry to say I can not offer proper commiserations concerning moving because I have not had those problems. It is not my nature to have a great many possessions. I had a carry-on bag only when I came to America. My mother sent duffle bag with most of remainder of my belongings when it became clear that I would remain here. I had to wait four years for trip there to bring few things which had to be hand-carried. I lived in apartment when I first came here. It was matter of loading trunk of Buick to bring all things over when I began to live with Capuchin. I have now many things, but I would be happy to pack one bag and bring three cases if I were ever to move.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Masha,

Oh, how I envy you!

I used to have much fewer belongings (just me, my books, clothes and my Falcon) but that was a long time ago.

Since marrying we have combined our belongings and they have grown (Fiesta, family photos, radios).

Most of the electronic gear we now need to communicate with the outside world.

But someday, we will strive to be more like you and whittle our treasures down to a bare minimum.

Till that day, I dream.......
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

So, Lynn, does this mean that you aren't hopping on the bandwagon for the tiny house movement??
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

So, Lynn, does this mean that you aren't hopping on the bandwagon for the tiny house movement??
Moira,

Not at this time, though Jon likes the idea of combining three or four tiny homes to make a comfortable place to live. We really enjoy watching FYI's Tiny House Nation as we really like the design and storage ideas that Zack comes up with. We have stolen some of those ideas for our new home!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Every time I see those Tiny House shows, I always wonder why they don't buy two of 'em and combine them to make...well, a really cool double wide!! I do like some of the designs and the idea of quasi-mobility and going off the grid is appealing. I do wonder how long these abodes are expected to last, don't you?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks