I am back

Chit-chat, current events
Uncle Stevie

I am back

Post by Uncle Stevie »

After a very long illness I am back. I am now residing in a long term care home where I expect to spend the rest of my days. I never expected this but when I hit 80 years of age I had no choice. I am at The Daughters Of Israel nursing home in West Orange New Jersey. I am in a private room with my 51" TV and my 6 dvd Onkyo player as well as about 200 DVDs.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Rita Hayworth

Re: I am back

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Glad you are back and we missed you!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I am glad you are okay. When those are of a certain age are gone for awhile we worry. Well, at least I do. Glad to know you are safe and sound and well equipped for entertainment.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Hi Uncle Stevie!

I think this is your first visit with us this year; good to see you. :)

I'm sorry to know of your recent illness, but glad that you are doing a little better, although you must reside in a care facility now.

If I may ask, how is your wife Rita these days?
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Thank you all for posting. My wife is suffering from Depression and is often not able to be with other people. She also has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and has trouble being with other people. I speak to her on the phone daily and she visits me every other week. I am thrilled to see her when I do. After 53 years of marriage I kinda got used to her. My children and Grandchildren visit me once in a while. My children (3) are taking care of my estate and making sure my obligations are met and my wife is taken care of. All of my money is going for Medicare, Medicaid, and taxes.

Uncle Stevie
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Hi Uncle Stevie,

I'm glad to know that your wife is still here with us, and is able to come to see you. I hope her doctors will find an effective treatment for the depression, so that you two might have more frequent visits. :) I'll remember you both in my prayers.

Thank goodness you have children and grandchildren to manage your estate, so it would not need to be given over to an attorney (who might not have the best interests of you and your family in mind) and to look after your wife. That must give you peace of mind.

Please keep in touch with us here, Stevie. :wink: