How are you fixing your turkeys for Thanksgiving?

Chit-chat, current events
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: How are you fixing your turkeys for Thanksgiving?

Post by Lzcutter »

We are having a bit of a debate tonight. Do you guys put an egg in your stuffing/dressing or not?
Moira,

I've never heard of putting an egg in the dressing before. Sounds intriguing.

Masha,

Cap's turkey sounds divine!!!!! i am also intrigued by the Monster drink with rum. May have to look into that!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

AMfan

Post by AMfan »

I am sorry I can't contribute much about how to cook the turkey or the stuffing. I don't really cook. :) However, I thought this would be a great place to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! :D
Masha

Post by Masha »

AMfan wrote:I am sorry I can't contribute much about how to cook the turkey or the stuffing. I don't really cook. :) However, I thought this would be a great place to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! :D
I hope you are thankful for those who will cooking your turkey! :D

I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving. :)
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Our daughter is preparing the turkey today, which I'm sure we'll enjoy. Egg or no egg.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
Joseph Goodheart
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I am slow cooking a large turkey breast for the family dinner today. Nothing fancy, just some salt, pepper, a little onion powder, and the bird. I'm also making green bean casserole and the corn, while my mother is bringing mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pies. If I don't screw up the turkey it should be a nice thanksgiving! :)

For a special extra treat, here is a video of the parade today (if today was 1935):

AMfan

Post by AMfan »

Masha wrote: I hope you are thankful for those who will cooking your turkey! :D

I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving. :)
Thank you. :) I am thankful for those cooking my Turkey. Unfortunately, this year the host of my family's Thanksgiving meal is sick with a fever. So, our Thanksgiving meal was canceled. Pizza for Thanksgiving it is. :lol:

Lomm, I love the parade footage!
Masha

Post by Masha »

AMfan wrote: Thank you. :) I am thankful for those cooking my Turkey. Unfortunately, this year the host of my family's Thanksgiving meal is sick with a fever. So, our Thanksgiving meal was canceled. Pizza for Thanksgiving it is. :lol:
I am very sorry that your host became ill. I do hope they recover quickly.

A local establishment advertised a special turkey and sweet-potato pizza available only on Thanksgiving Day. I must wonder if any sold.

I hope that you and your have Happy Holidays for the remainder of this season.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Well, I opted for a turkey wrap with sweet potato fries, and a slice of pumpkin pie, delivered from a neighborhood diner. It was good! :) I didn't have the appetite for a full turkey dinner. That special holiday pizza you mentioned sounds pretty good, too.

I trust your husband's Thanksgiving feast was spectacular as usual, Masha. 8)
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Moira,

Regarding the bacon we wrapped the turkey in while it cooked- once I removed the bacon to let the turkey get brown, we used pieces of the bacon in the mashed potatoes.

We also saved some and had it in our scrambled eggs this morning!

Our guests all seemed to love our fixings and it was great to be able to host an evening of good friends, good food and good drink. And best of all, for the first time in over ten years, we were able to use our dining room table with the leaf in it and see and talk to our guests while we were in the kitchen. I love open floor plans!

Hope everyone had a wonderful celebration and today we are off to see Bond, James Bond in Spectre.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

AMfan

Post by AMfan »

Masha wrote:
I am very sorry that your host became ill. I do hope they recover quickly.

A local establishment advertised a special turkey and sweet-potato pizza available only on Thanksgiving Day. I must wonder if any sold.

I hope that you and your have Happy Holidays for the remainder of this season.
Thank you for the well wishes. That pizza sounds intriguing. On one hand I'm not so sure about it and on the other hand I think it might not be so bad. :?
Professional Tourist wrote:
Well, I opted for a turkey wrap with sweet potato fries, and a slice of pumpkin pie, delivered from a neighborhood diner.
That sounds like a pretty good meal. :)