Dargo … Yes I can.
T H A, right?
But I’m an oldie but goodie at 66.
I happen to love:
laffite

Re: Memes

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:11 pm
laffite wrote: January 25th, 2024, 6:48 pm A new horror genre is afoot. "Godzilla vs. Alley Oop!"

This appears somewhat of a mismatch, but Hollywood will come up with something.
"Alley Oop"???

Heck laffite, does anyone younger than 60 even know who that was/is anymore???

Btw and without lookin' it up, can you name the one-hit-wonder group that had that hit novelty song about our intrepid caveman back in the early-'60s?

(...I can) ;)
No, I cannot. I don't know my groups or my songs. Not my forte (though I might recognize it if you name it).
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Btw and without lookin' it up, can you name the one-hit-wonder group that had that hit novelty song about our intrepid caveman back in the early-'60s?

(...I can) ;)
laffite wrote: January 25th, 2024, 10:33 pm
No, I cannot. I don't know my groups or my songs. Not my forte (though I might recognize it if you name it).
jimimac71 wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:39 pm Dargo … Yes I can.
T H A, right?
But I’m an oldie but goodie at 66.
I happen to love:
Yep, jimimac. You got it.

Btw jimimac, if you like the old doo wop novelty hit "Western Movies", I'll bet you also like another old novelty hit done by The Coasters and that used a similar movies theme. This one here...
laffite

Post by laffite »

You guys confuse me with this stuff. Now excuse me, I must get ready for a listening of Beethoven Sixth again. No, I'm not on my way to the concert hall. Don't let the tux fool ya. I do all this just for listening at home. Oh I just noticed the one by the Coasters. I don't that one but I know the movie. Say nothing about the Coasters please, If my high-brow aristocratic girl friend hears I like that, I will be disowned and summarily dismissed from her glorious life and I will be quite out the door and rendered totally irrelevant and vaulted into the void in perpetuity.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:49 pm You guys confuse me with this stuff. Now excuse me, I must get ready for a listening of Beethoven Sixth again. No, I'm not on my way to the concert hall. Don't let the tux fool ya. I do all this just for listening at home. Oh I just noticed the one by the Coasters. I don't that one but I know the movie. Say nothing about the Coasters please, If my high-brow aristocratic girl friend hears I like that, I will be disowned and summarily dismissed from her glorious life and I will be quite out the door and rendered totally irrelevant and vaulted into the void in perpetuity.
LOL

Why, laffite ol' buddy! It sounds to me as if you might benefit yourself and expand your taste in music if only you began to...

;)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: January 26th, 2024, 12:54 am
laffite wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:49 pm You guys confuse me with this stuff. Now excuse me, I must get ready for a listening of Beethoven Sixth again. No, I'm not on my way to the concert hall. Don't let the tux fool ya. I do all this just for listening at home. Oh I just noticed the one by the Coasters. I don't that one but I know the movie. Say nothing about the Coasters please, If my high-brow aristocratic girl friend hears I like that, I will be disowned and summarily dismissed from her glorious life and I will be quite out the door and rendered totally irrelevant and vaulted into the void in perpetuity.
LOL

Why, laffite ol' buddy! It sounds to me as if you might benefit yourself and expand your taste in music if only you began to...

;)
I have doing just that. On December 31 my building had a little bash up in the Sala, and some of us did a little reciting, playing music. and ole laffite got up there and became (if you will) Falstaff and spun a speech right from the old Bard, which I, when the context favored me, broke in with song the first line of which, "And I never thought I'd feel this way ...' but just the Dionne W part at the very beginning and it worked nicely. How's that for not just expanding my taste in music but actually singing it? 'Course if I had my way I would sing La Donne e Mobile but that is beyond reach, but at least can I not say that I thunk (sang?) outside the Bachs.

And now back to the Coasters, I really did like them. Was it 'Searchin'" , loved that one.

:smiley_snoopy: Oh brother, you can leave now laffite. I heard you sing that song and all i can say is AAUUUUGH !!!.
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

laffite wrote: January 25th, 2024, 6:48 pm A new horror genre is afoot. "Godzilla vs. Alley Oop!"

This appears somewhat of a mismatch, but Hollywood will come up with something.
"Alley Oop"???

Heck laffite, does anyone younger than 60 even know who that was/is anymore???

(...I can) ;)
It's still running, but hardly anyone reads a paper anymore, so your premise still holds. I know the daily/Sunday comics are available online, but I sense that most non-AARPers don't seek them out, preferring to get their jollies watching TIkToks
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »