Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: Memes

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:31 pm Thank you, Dargo.

Your faith in me uplifts my life force.
And speaking of which...

(...I would assume fat jokes like this one are still acceptable fare within this thread, as they're neither political, racist nor religious, RIGHT?!...they're just not woke, that's all) ;)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

OR, and as my dear departed mother was fond of saying every year on this date:

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite

Post by laffite »

True story, just the other day. In the supermarket I heard a woman say in the distance, "Have you ever walked down the wrong aisle?" A man is heard answering, "Yeah, FIVE times!."

This may or may not seem funny but it was not something read out of a book, it was real life in full swing. I got a great kick out of it.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

laffite wrote: March 31st, 2023, 11:30 am True story, just the other day. In the supermarket I heard a woman say in the distance, "Have you ever walked down the wrong aisle?" A man is heard answering, "Yeah, FIVE times!."

This may or may not seem funny but it was not something read out of a book, it was real life in full swing. I got a great kick out of it.
Sometimes we connect with the human race. We suffer that curse of empathy. But it feels good to do that, because most of time it's funny. We are all in this twisted game together, walking down the wrong aisle five times and then walking down it again.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 3:03 pm
laffite wrote: March 31st, 2023, 11:30 am True story, just the other day. In the supermarket I heard a woman say in the distance, "Have you ever walked down the wrong aisle?" A man is heard answering, "Yeah, FIVE times!."

Sometimes we connect with the human race. We suffer that curse of empathy. But it feels good to do that, because most of time it's funny. We are all in this twisted game together, walking down the wrong aisle five times and then walking down it again.
Ya know Thompson, considering the manner in which you stated this keenly observed thought here, I think it could also be legitimately posted in that "Poetry" thread that's makin' the rounds around here at the moment as well.

(...and no, I'm not kiddin' here...I thought what you wrote here was very poetic)
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

It,s all luck Dargo but thank you for the compliment
Masha

Post by Masha »

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

That's the objective correlative. A tad hard to understand but essentially simple. The objective correlative is an emotion. As an example take the Dylan lyric - You don't know what's happening here / Do you, Mr. Jones? / . Who is Mr. Jones? He!s the objective correlative. He's a moderator on this board who has the gall and guts to delete or move posts. He should be made to wear ear phones / Cause there's something going on here / And you don't know what it is / Do you, Mr. Jones?