Masha

Re: Memes

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Masha wrote: May 24th, 2023, 10:19 pm Image
Haha a better "escape" would be to find the hidden bathroom...recent study actually named the phenomenon of "Book Bowel Syndrome"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariko_Aoki_phenomenon
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Masha wrote: May 24th, 2023, 8:17 pm
jimimac71 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 3:01 pm I have two songs Masha about looking good or not.
(I have a song for everything)
I am sure that they are quite nice but there are other threads for music and YouTube links in this forum.
Then I'd have to go through extra effort to connect the two threads to each other.
I've posted videos in other threads and this is the first time with an objection.
Is there a difference between posting photos versus videos?
Masha

Post by Masha »

jimimac71 wrote: May 25th, 2023, 10:22 am
Masha wrote: May 24th, 2023, 8:17 pm I am sure that they are quite nice but there are other threads for music and YouTube links in this forum.
Then I'd have to go through extra effort to connect the two threads to each other.
I've posted videos in other threads and this is the first time with an objection.
Is there a difference between posting photos versus videos?
This thread is for memes. A video is not a meme. The exact definition of: 'meme' is fungible but the basic premise is that they can be comprehended in toto in an instant.

The originating post states: "Please do not post Tweets, Facebook screencaps, YouTube videos..."

There are threads for music which welcome videos. I have posted many. They are appropriate in those threads.

I simply ask that this thread remain a haven for instant gratification.

You are naturally free to contact Moderators if you feel that I am being overbearing or bullying.

I apologize if this seems terse, cold or not taking into consideration your valuable contributions to the forum. I am sure that I have: 'Liked' your posts. My only excuse is that it is quite early for me and I have just discovered that I am out of Monster energy drink.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

jimimac71 wrote: May 25th, 2023, 10:22 am Is there a difference between posting photos versus videos?
Yes. YouTube videos are not to be posted in this thread.

I myself made the same mistake, was informed of it, and have accepted the terms OP has requested.

Yay! This is my 500th post - I'm gonna pour myself a scotch and drambuie over ice (a rusty nail, ay) right ****ing now.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I was not aware of the original post in this thread. I removed the videos.
I won't complain or anything else, except to note a recent screen capture of a tweet.
I don't use the Like button. I did once to thank Lomm for creating it.
Instead, I make comments.
Guess I almost know what 'meme' stands for now.
Like in the old forum, with CaveGirl, I have to look up some of the words you use Masha.
Masha

Post by Masha »

jimimac71 wrote: May 25th, 2023, 12:11 pm I was not aware of the original post in this thread. I removed the videos.
I won't complain or anything else, except to note a recent screen capture of a tweet.
I don't use the Like button. I did once to thank Lomm for creating it.
Instead, I make comments.
Guess I almost know what 'meme' stands for now.
Like in the old forum, with CaveGirl, I have to look up some of the words you use Masha.
I truly appreciate your attention. It was not necessary to remove the videos. I meant only to bring your attention to the fact that I wish this to be an 'open it and chuckle' thread requiring no investment in time or energy by the viewer.

I will not take the time to look through the entire thread but I am sure that I have posted screen captures of tweets on occasion. It likely happens when I see it as a static image on: Imgur with no weblink to the twitterverse. To download the image and crop off the identifiers and save it to account and post here a link to that is much more work than simply hotlinking to what I saw. It is pure laziness and goes against rules which I laid down but I am what I am.

I dislike the underlying concept of the: 'Like' button but I do find it quite useful when my wrist is hurting or when I truly have no comment worthy of posting.

I miss CaveGirl! She was quite precious and often had wonderful insights.

My little Fuzzy has a t-shirt which reads: Warning! I can be condescending (that means I talk down to people)

I do not try to use big words when a smaller one works. That is pretentious. I hate to see in others and I would truly hate to see it in myself. My only excuse is that I continue to study English to expand my vocabulary and do not have an error-proof way to tell if a word is commonly used by most people. It is also that my work is often life-critical and so I have a natural bent to be as precise as possible. I apologize if any of my word choices are inappropriate.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

You're very sweet Masha. I could get cavities.
My eyesight was never great, so I don't read much.
My command of the English language is limited.
The above post is hilarious.
I'm not a robot.
I remember years ago, when making it change to Microsoft Windows, before I potentially made a mistake, the screen would read, "Are you sure?"
Masha

Post by Masha »

jimimac71 wrote: May 26th, 2023, 11:09 am
I remember years ago, when making it change to Microsoft Windows, before I potentially made a mistake, the screen would read, "Are you sure?"
I find the Chrome browser to be very judgmental. It is possible to open multiple tabs by right-clicking a folder of bookmarks and selecting: "Open All". Chrome creates a pop-up asking: "Are you sure you want to open 47 tabs?" What gives it the right to suggest I am making an unwise decision?
Masha

Post by Masha »

Last edited by Masha on May 26th, 2023, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Go ahead Masha, ask the Internet if a hotdog is a sandwich.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

jimimac71 wrote: May 26th, 2023, 12:19 pm Go ahead Masha, ask the Internet if a hotdog is a sandwich.
Not a regular sandwich.

A hot sandwich.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

In California, where I live, and in New York, a hot dog is legally a sandwich.
My avatar is Ben Matlock, who is nuts about hot dogs.
In one episode, The District Attorney is from Chicago and makes the perfect Chicago style Hot Dog.
The dog has a rugged casing that snaps when you bite into it.
Of course, you need your Mary Ann's. That's a bun used in Chicago and from Chicago.
As for the Oreo being a sandwich, I could make a case for that.
Calling a taco a sandwich is a bit of a stretch.
Like a hot dog, the outside is all one piece.
According to Wordnik, what I'm saying is part meme.
This is what Wordnik says, which I find humorous:
"noun: A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another."
It appears hot dog is proper and hotdog is not.
Masha

Post by Masha »