Ditched!

Chit-chat, current events
Moraldo Rubini

Ditched!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

So I go to Manhattan and while I'm away everyone ditched me! But I heard you all giggling like Munchkins in the flowerbeds and have found you here on an entirely new site.

It's me: ManInTaxi, aka Jack Burley, née Marco.

I love this place. Who do we thank? Was it Jon Parker who forged the path? Big thanks to whomever it was that found this place. I assume you had to set it up, and I love the mid-century aesthetic. There's much to play with here (polls, avatars, etc.), it might take me awhile to get the hang of it -- but it looks like a great place to play. Shall I say it again?

Thanks!
SSO Admins
Administrator

Re: Ditched!

Post by SSO Admins »

Moraldo Rubini wrote:So I go to Manhattan and while I'm away everyone ditched me! But I heard you all giggling like Munchkins in the flowerbeds and have found you here on an entirely new site.

[/b]
Ya know, Jack, I think you need another username. Four is just not enough. :)
benwhowell

"And suddenly the hinges started to un-hitch..."

Post by benwhowell »

It's a nor'eastern! It's a nor'eastern!
Marco, I'm glad you survived the storm of the century. Were you forced to travel about in gondolas?
After you get settled, please share with us your adventures in the jolly ol' land of Oz (aka Manhattan.)
Love the avatar! Don't you wish we could include music with our "profiles?"
That entire score from Nino Rota would fit perfecto!
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Marco, who is that in your avatar? Forgive my ignorance, please!

Sandy K
Moraldo Rubini

Salutations!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

I'm running to the ballgame, so will report more later, but for now wanted to tell the peaceful SandyKay that my avatar is Franco Interlenghi, the smoulderingly handsome actor who played Moraldo Rubini in Fellini's I Vitelloni...
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

I think I'm just going to call you "The Man of Many Personalities" from now on! :wink:

You miss a few days on the internet and a whole new place opens up! I'm really glad you found your way here though! It's good to see you.
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
The Roadshow Version: A Modern Take on Classic Movies
sandykaypax

Re: Salutations!

Post by sandykaypax »

Moraldo Rubini wrote:I'm running to the ballgame, so will report more later, but for now wanted to tell the peaceful SandyKay that my avatar is Franco Interlenghi, the smoulderingly handsome actor who played Moraldo Rubini in Fellini's I Vitelloni...
Ah! I've never seen I Vitelloni, but Franco certainly is smouldering!

Dang. I've gotta find an avatar.

Sandy K
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Ah, poor, lost little lamb Marco, ManinTaxi, JackBurley, Moraldo Rubini:

One of our flock has been lost, but now he's found.

Little Bow Peep, has lost her sheep,
And doesn't know where to find him,
Leave him alone, and he'll come home,
Wagging his tail behind him!

It's about time, now if we could just find garbomaniac.

AnneLindley, Mrsl, heidigunn, mrsl,mrsl.
jdb1

Re: Ditched!

Post by jdb1 »

I was wondering if you would join the fun. Nice to have you here.

I must say, everyone, that I am really enjoying doing what I thought I would be doing in the Old Place, viz., exchanging opinions civilly with others who love vintage movies. It's always entertaining and enlightening to find out what other thoughtful movie lovers think, and I'm happy to have a place air my thoughts as well.

Also, frankly, I'm glad to be able to write my thoughts down, which is my preferred way of expressing myself. In this telephonic age so many people are eschewing the written word, and that is a shame.

Let's hear lots from you Marco, et al.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Filmlover, Jack Burley and Bill McCrary:

Thanks for the best belly laugh of the day! I ran over to the Yahoo Refugee site just to see if there was anything there that I missed, and your sweet, lost little boy refrains of "Where'd everybody go?" absolutely cracked me up!!!!

I swear this is a true story. When Mr L and I finally found our perfect house, years ago, the couple we bought from had only 3 days left before they would have to pay another payment, thereby eating into their savings, we, on the other hand had 3 days left to get out of the house we had been renting. So they moved out on Friday, and we moved in on Saturday night and Sunday. My son was in the Navy, in California at the time, and I wrote him a letter giving him the new address, but unknown to me, he was on his way home for a 2 week furlough and never got the letter.

BTW, I had just bought a new car. Anyway, Tuesday, I'm driving home in a snow storm and see a hitchhiker. Knowing my son often hitch hiked, and knowing he was often lucky with rides, and my friend was in the car, plus this was in the 70's, I pulled over. You guessed it! It was my son! The poor kid would have gone to the old house, which was empty, and not known where we were!

Anne

P.S. It was the snowstorm that ended up being something like 2 feet fallen overnight. I had never before, or since, picked up a hitchhiker, but something told me to stop for this kid with the weather and all. I had no idea it was him, until he got in the car.
Moraldo Rubini

Nomenclature

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Jondaris said:
Ya know, Jack, I think you need another username. Four is just not enough.
Well, I guess I can't help it. There are so many great characters and directions to go with; so I feel I must take every opportunity to use them.

P.S. I used to do this in "real life" too. I love names, and "collected" them. Then when a time comes when I had to leave a name -- e.g., waiting for a table at a restaurant -- I'd use one of them. I've given maitre d' the names Fielding, Mortimer, Royce. The challenge is to remember which name you've given. ("Gee, they're calling 'Fielding' a lot; I wonder where he went?")

Benwhowell said:
It's a nor'eastern! It's a nor'eastern!
Marco, I'm glad you survived the storm of the century. Were you forced to travel about in gondolas?
Wasn't that crazy?! Central Park had 7.57 inches of rain on Sunday alone! Minicoopers were floating down the streets like twigs. Ah New York. I'm glad I brought a lot of wardrobe changes, as we'd be drenched every time we went out.

MrsL signed her post:
AnneLindley, Mrsl, heidigunn, mrsl,mrsl.
But you forgot "Mr.L.", the name that I inadvertently -- if often -- addressed you in my flurry of hurried posts! [I apologize again.] Great hitchhiking story, by the way...