Teresa Brewer passes @ 76

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
klondike

Teresa Brewer passes @ 76

Post by klondike »

Hey Gang!
Just caught this on MSN: 50's chanteuse Teresa Brewer has departed this Vale o' Tears.
I'm never been personally familiar with her work, other than to recognize her name & era of popularity, but I do recall that my older brother, who served in the Korean War, always raved about her, and thought she was just the Bomb-Diggety Cat's Pajamas!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

What a sad day to lose both Ms. Brewer and Deborah Kerr.

Teresa Brewer was a VERY perky singer whose most popular hit was 'Music, Music, Music' (put another nickel in, in the nicelodeon, all I want is loving you and music, music, music.) That's about all I recall, but I do remember she always looked like she had something in her eyes that made them sparkle. Really!! Her eyes always looked shimmery on TV and in photos. And her smile made MY mouth tired. But she was really cute and I'm sure the Korean vets had fond memories of her.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Oh, no - I'm still reeling from the news of Deborah Kerr's passing, posted above.

Brewer was something of a presence in Brooklyn for a while, when her husband owned a share of the famous Lundy's sea food restaurant in Sheepshead Bay, where I live. The bar was called the "Teresa Brewer Room," and the jukebox had nothing but her records in it.

Yes, she certainly was awful perky.