To Dream of Dogs

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: To Dream of Dogs

Post by JackFavell »

That's exactly how Lily was too, every time. She would get clingy, and out of sorts. She lost her usual energy. For the 2 weeks beforehand though she went on a tear through the house, ripping apart every toy she had in an attempt to make nesting material. It was actually a relief to have her more sedate. But no more! She's gotten back to her old self thank goodness. She always kept herself very clean, but still it's a mess. Thank goodness for oxy products!

Today on our walk, she jumped in the river again, and scattered some ducks from the shore that I didn't see at first because they were behind the stone wall that runs along the river. She would have swum after them if she hadn't been on a leash. Then she hopped right out, even though the wall is about 2 and half or three feet high. I'm constantly amazed at her jumping ability.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Poor Lara, I think the worse thing is that she can't go off her lead. She's super soft and very attached to me, I'm not complaining. There's not much mess, probably because it's her first season. Don't think she's too chuffed at having dogs sniffing her back side.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Lily seemed to like all the attention. But everyone told me to be careful in case a big dog charged her. It never did happen but I suppose it could.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Shug and I had a rough weekend. Way too rambunctious. Sunday night I said, "Sugar, I'm sorry I yelled at you...No. You know what? I'm not sorry. You deserved to be yelled at!"
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Aww. I know! It's hard not to feel guilty for trying to train them when they give you the big eyes.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Train them...I'm just trying to keep her from driving me crazy!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'd not thought about a big dog trying to mount her, I realist how little I knew about the season, it's only now she's fertile, the bleeding has stopped and her behind looks like a chimpanzee's. She's clingy and tired, poor girl, I'll be glad to have her back to normal.

She's had another haircut, this time I did it, she's so good, she just sits there as I snip around her so I can take my time, I need Chris's help to shape her face and I keep having to go back to snip the bits I missed but she's more than peresentable and I'm very pleased with myself. No more trimmers though, they pull her curls and make her look frizzy, Chris doesn't think it's a problem but for some who has spent a small fortune on her own unpredictable curls I'm not going to have a dog who is frizzy.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

You are hilarious!

I've never been any good at grooming or trimming our dogs, they always look lumpy and unprofessional when I use the trimmer. But I must say, the last place we went they did a terrible job on Lily cutting her way too short and leaving long hairs down around her behind, which is quite annoying. I wish my other groomer hadn't gone out of business.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

See if your other groomer can make housecalls. Lily is a total babe. An energetic one, but a real cutie pie.

Frizzy Lara????..... :lol: .......Alison!
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's a great idea, Tee, I just hope I can still get a hold of her, she moved and I have no idea where. Maybe I'll try the old number and see if she's set up shop somewhere else, or if she would make a house call.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Girl, I think it's worth a shot. Nothing beats a failure but a try, they say. Lily is cute. And though I can't verbalize it well, I think I understood her excitement and running around when it was time for her to go out. I think she was sooooo happy to go out, that she had to distract herself with the running and the chewing.

But listen, I understand that she has to mind her "Mom" too, or else no treats or going out. It's a bargain that you two must have.

Does that make any doggie sense? Or should I just stick with dreaming of Alain Delon and blabbing about movies?

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Yesterday I said to Shug, "You behaved really well today. What happened?"
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Ack! Don't look a gifthorse in the mouth Red.

Love ya Shug!!

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It's definitely a battle of wills between me and Lily at the door. She must sit before she goes out, because otherwise it's impossible to get the leash on her. Plus I prefer she not go all craZy dOg when I have guests. It doesn't matter how many times I get her to sit by the door when she wants to go, the next time she's going to go bananas again. It's a matter of who's the boss, her or me.

And it's DEFINITELY her. :D
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Well, I guess if you CAN get her to do most of the things she's supposed to do, then I guess it's alright. Maybe you have to move the distracting things away from her so that she's paying attention to what's asked of her. Hey, I have no answers. I'm no Cesar Milian. I just thought she was a cute little scamp. No judgment, I promise you. :)