Me-TV

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
RedRiver

Re: Me-TV

Post by RedRiver »

Lord help me! Late at night they're running THRILLER, HITCHCOCK, WAGON TRAIN and STEVE McQUEEN, DEAD OR ALIVE. I'm on the wrong shift!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I know! I can't even make it past Columbo!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

RedRiver wrote:I missed THE FUGITIVE last night. I hope it wasn't the last episode!
According to the Me-TV schedule, part one of the finale of The Fugitive is scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 1st, so we are closing in on the end, which I guess will be on Dec. 8th.

Keep your eyes peeled for this guy!!

I hope they begin the series over again. There are tons of episodes I've never seen, and I do like the earliest seasons best when Janssen's aura of despair and furtiveness trails behind him most poignantly.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ooh, I hope they re run the series Moira, I much prefer the early ones... the black and white first year, and then the second and maybe third years in color. You phrased that so nicely about Janssen's appeal in those first seasons.

I'm still waiting to record a copy of The End Game, with John McGiver and John Fiedler battling over whether or not to turn in Richard Kimble. I don't know if there are any other funny episodes, but the usually stoic Janssen looks like he had a hard time keeping a straight face during this ep.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

There are a lot of episodes I've missed as well, Moira. I rented the entire first season a few years ago. My guess is, I've watched the last two or three on this ME TV run. The stuff in the middle? Probably not! This is one show that knew when to quit. Today, they run for 812 years; the first three are pretty good. The Adventures of Richard Kimble (or Girard Is My Co-pilot) maintained quality right to the end. Yes, the black and white serves the theme well. But I have no complaints whatsoever about the richly colored final season. Janice Rule, The Nun, The Navajo reservation. These are stories. Stories about people; issues. Life. Every time I hear a train whistle, I wonder who is riding in the boxcars, and why.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Sugar and I were taking a walk. Somebody accused her of pooping and not cleaning up. She's innocent of the charge. And just as we arrived, I saw a one-armed dog leaving the scene! A determined Animal Control officer is pursuing us. A Mr. Girard, I believe. My only hope is to find that elusive dog. And find him I will!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

ha! if david janssen could do it, so can Sugar.

i may be able to watch on Dec. 1st as i will not be going to work the next day, but should i watch is the question. i have seen so few that to watch the finale might be a spoiler. yet i don't know when i'll be able to see them all, even if i had time to rent them.

every episode i have seen i have enjoyed. it's such a great premise.

JACKFAVELL: is that Alice????!
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I don't think the final episode would spoil anything, but you might not appreciate it. In those days, episodes were more isolated. The story for one didn't depend on the others. They were like one-act plays! With that in mind, if you ever have the chance to watch random episodes, you'll probably get a lot out of them. I'm curious to see if ME TV starts from the beginning or drops the show. TV schedules change rapidly!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I don't think seeing the ending affected my appreciation of the show. Actually, for reasons that I cannot explain without divulging major spoilers, I actually prefer what Red accurately calls each of the earlier episodes as "one act plays" with new characters and situations that become cathartic for those Richard Kimble comes in contact with during his flight to justice. It's a cliche, I guess, but I'd say the journey, not the destination, is the strength of this series.

And Red, please tell Shug she can hide out at my house from that dog catcher Girard anytime.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

No MissG, it's Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams, from the movie Addams Family Values. This picture is from the scene right before she burns down her summer camp. The camp counselors have been presenting a demeaning and racist Thanksgiving pageant, with the good Pilgrims teaching the stupid Native Americans how to eat off of plates. Wednesday plays one of the Native Americans, and she decides to change the play just a little. :D

I am with Moira, I don't think the ending episode stopped me from enjoying the series at all.

I hope Sugar doesn't have to dye her hair!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Eileen Heckart has offered Shug solace in a convent until this blows over!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

you've all convinced me! i just hope i can actually watch it! :D

Wendy, ha! It must have been the Robitussen that made me think it was Alice. :)
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

No, as soon as you said it, I saw a little resemblance. Or am I just suggestible?

Today would be a good day to stay home sick with this weather. Hope you are feeling better soon! Local honey and lemon...
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

thanks, wendy.
-- Will Rogers
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

For those who enjoy this entertaining TV channel, Richard Kimble's long journey is coming to an end. Part One of "The Judgment" airs tonight. The conclusion of this spellbinding saga will be next week. I would not want to be the one-armed man right about now!