RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Rita Hayworth

Re: RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph of My Gal Sal
9 Photos in One ... in Color

Kind of neat of how this person put this altogether! ... I got this from a friend of mine.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Adorable Pictures of Rita in My Gal Sal

Imagew

And, in black and white here ...

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Photograph of Susan Hayward, Joy Hodges, Rita Hayworth
& Robert Stack, 1939 ... at Brown Derby Restaurant

Susan, Joy, Rita, and Robert

Rita Hayworth and Robert Stack

I just got this from a friend of mine.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

With Danny Kaye in 1947
Down to Earth Backstage

They were best of friends and they share their loves of Dancing together and it's too bad that they did not make a musical together in their careers. Rita Hayworth often regrets that - so did Danny.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Van Johnson and Fred MacMurray
1953 Photographs

Fred and Van were good friends with Rita and they often get together to do radio and other appearances as well and they keep tabes each other and Rita was very fond of Fred that got her involved in other projects and that kept the Love Goddess extra busy during the early parts of the 1950's.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

With Gary Cooper and Deborah Kerr
Separate Tables Backstage

Gary Cooper did They Came to Condura in 1959 and he visited Rita and Deborah Kerr on the set of Separate Tables and he was a very good friend and was very happy that they did a movie in 1959 together.

Gary Cooper - Down to Earth 1947

He loves to visit her on the set of Down to Earth and they had great fun talking about good times and all. Gary was a wonderful friend and it's shows. Rita adores him greatly.
Last edited by Rita Hayworth on December 27th, 2014, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Marlene Dietrich and Rita Hayworth
Part 1 of 2

I was looking at Joe's Candids thread and noticed that today is Marlene Dietrich's birthday and decided to pay homage to her and these two pictures above is from their appearance at the Hollywood Canteen in 1944.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Marlene Dietrich and Rita Hayworth
Part 2 of 2

They pretty much did everything together and were the best of friends and often enjoy each other company as much as they possibly can.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

More Celebrities Photos
Cesar Romero and Dolores del Rio having fun with RIta.

With Cesar Romero

Later in Rita's life Cesar became a great friend to her and he admired her for what she has done in Hollywood and one of few men that honored her during her funeral in 1987.

It brought great joy to him dancing with her and it's was a dream for him to dance with the Love Goddess herself.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

With Carol Burnett - Part 1 of 2

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

With Carol Burnett - Part 2 of 2

Rita Hayworth was a great admirer of Carol Burnett's skills as a comedian and often watch her show faithfully and wanted to be on her show so bad and the producers of the Carol Burnett surprised her with a special guest star - Rita Hayworth and they did this skit for the closing moments of the show and brought tears to Carol. One of her joy is working with Rita and they became friends instantly and Rita cherish this time together. I remembered that show and It's brought back great memories.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

You Tubes of Carol Burnett and Rita Hayworth

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Rita Hayworth at the 3:10 Mark to 3:42. Great Galaxy of Stars on the Carol Burnett Show.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Erik,

How ironic and charming really that Rita Hayworth and Dolores Del Rio should be photographed together and be friends when you consider that Orson Welles was a lover to both.
In fact, he threw Dolores over for Rita and married her. Dolores must have been very forgiving!!!

Larry
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Hi Erik,

How ironic and charming really that Rita Hayworth and Dolores Del Rio should be photographed together and be friends when you consider that Orson Welles was a lover to both.
In fact, he threw Dolores over for Rita and married her. Dolores must have been very forgiving!!!

Larry

According to Cesar Romero, I met him twice in my lifetime and Delores was a very forgiving lady and regretted the fact that Rita once married to Orson and having said that - she doesn't want to dwell in the past but the present day to forgive and forget. Delores enjoyed Rita company and they had a ball together on numerous occasions in the early part of the 70's and beyond.

Cesar became great friends with Rita and its shows. Cesar Romero was a pallbearer in Rita's funeral along with Glenn Ford, Ricardo Montalbán, Don Ameche, agent Budd Burton Moss, and the choreographer Hermes Pan. She was interred in Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City. Her headstone includes the inscription: "To yesterday's companionship and tomorrow's reunion."

With Don Ameche during Rita's Musical - My Gal Sal.

President Ronald Reagan, who had been an actor at the same time as Hayworth, said:

Rita Hayworth was one of our country's most beloved stars. Glamorous and talented, she gave us many wonderful moments on stage and screen and delighted audiences from the time she was a young girl. In her later years, Rita became known for her struggle with Alzheimer's disease. Her courage and candor, and that of her family, were a great public service in bringing worldwide attention to a disease which we all hope will soon be cured. Nancy and I are saddened by Rita's death. She was a friend who we will miss. We extend our deep sympathy to her family.

Here is a couple of Animated Gifs that I made earlier this year!

From the Loves of Carmen

From Affair in Trinidad
Last edited by Rita Hayworth on December 28th, 2014, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

With Buster Keaton

Right around 1951, on vacation she met Buster Keaton and spent a couple days with him and Buster was a great admirer of Rita too. This is the only photograph that I have of them.