Re: CANDIDS II

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
DEBORAH KERR (1921 - 2007)
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Robert Mitchum and birthday gal Deborah Kerr on the set of "Heaven Knows, Mr Allison"
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
JULIE ANDREWS is 80 today
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Dick Van Dyke, Walt Disney and birthday gal Julie Andrews at the premiere of "Mary Poppins".
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Birthday gal Julie Andrews with her husband of 41 years, director Blake Edwards
Joseph Goodheart
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Hey mongoII:

I have to admit I haven't been checking out this thread very much lately but this site is so lonely that I tend to stay away. I don't know about you but it bugs me to post things and never have anyone respond. I look at some of the days on these threads are they go all the way back to 2014. Where did everybody go?

Anyway, I always admired both of the ladies who are having birthdays today. I have to admit that I never though Julie Andrews and Blake Edwards would end up having such a solid relationship, because she always seemed like such a lady, and he seemed kind of wild, but it wasn't long after her contract ended with Disney that she started letting loose and getting out and about more often, but still she was always a lovely lady.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
GEORGE 'SPANKY' McFARLAND (1928 - 1993)

BUD ABBOTT (1895 - 1974)

GROUCHO MARX (1890 - 1977)
Joseph Goodheart
tinker

Post by tinker »

I have to admit I haven't been checking out this thread very much lately but this site is so lonely that I tend to stay away. I don't know about you but it bugs me to post things and never have anyone respond. I look at some of the days on these threads are they go all the way back to 2014. Where did everybody go?

I kind of wondered that myself. I have missed the long and very thoughtful analysis where I learnt so much about classic movies. I can't post about shows like Downton Abbey or Longmire because where I live in country Australia online connections are so awful you can't connect to download sites.

I do look forward to this thread everyday

dee
[b]But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams[/b]. (William Butler Yeats )
[b]How did I get to Hollywood? By train.[/b] (John Ford)
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

What indeed has happened to make this site so under used . To my mind it has everything you could want to comment on, yet hardly anyone seems to be using it.
If it weren't for Candids, I probably wouldn't be here myself.
Such a shame. I don't know how you bring people back except of course if people start writing again.
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

In previous discussions on this subject, it was mentioned that people are mostly using FaceBook now. SSO does have a FaceBook page, so they might be there.

This has happened on other message boards too, where most of the population has shifted to FaceBook.

Some of those who are still interested in the more in-depth film analysis are blogging instead of posting here.

Anyway, using the 'Active Topics' link at top of page is probably the best way to bring up all of the recent content here. A few of us are still posting more or less regularly.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Vienna, many thanks for your continued interest in the CANDIDS thread.
Joe
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HENRY HULL (1890 - 1977)
Joseph Goodheart
rerun

Post by rerun »

I personally LOVE this site. It is the first thing I click onto every morning. Please be proud of what you have made it into!
[color=#0000BF][i]Avatar: John Cantarini (Martha's husband) on future world record holder Crazy Kid. He won six in a row
on him.[/i][/color]
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Hollywood Stars, Jennifer Jones & Robert Walker, during the good old days before Selznick
arrived on the scene
Joseph Goodheart
rerun

Post by rerun »

My father managed the polo at the Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades California. The stable area was very impressive with early California style buildings with red tile roofs and olive tree planters well centered. For quite sometime, every day, Robert and Jennifer would walk through the area from their home in Pacific Palisades. They were always holding hands.
[color=#0000BF][i]Avatar: John Cantarini (Martha's husband) on future world record holder Crazy Kid. He won six in a row
on him.[/i][/color]