Noir Alley on TCM

ElCid

Noir Alley on TCM

Post by ElCid »

Feature for Dec. 3 & 4 is Decoy. Not sure if I have seen it before or not, but will watch it.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Hoganman1

Re: Noir Alley on TCM

Post by Hoganman1 »

DECOY was interesting but not that great. Like I've said before (on another site no longer with us); they can't all be DOUBLE INDEMNITY.
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

I started this thread before I discovered there is a section for TCM on the Board Index. So, I started one there as well. Hopefully they can combine the two under the TCM thread as that seems more appropriate.
speedracer5

Post by speedracer5 »

"Decoy" was pretty crazy. I'd never seen it before. I don't think that I've ever seen a plot that involved reviving someone who was executed. Jean Gillie's character was certainly ruthless. I kind of like the fact that there was no romance subplot shoehorned in. Jean Gillie used every single man who she crossed paths with, no time for romance.
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/kayla622/
Reddit: kayla622
Twitter: kaylar622
Blog: Whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Hoganman1 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:49 am DECOY was interesting but not that great. Like I've said before (on another site no longer with us); they can't all be DOUBLE INDEMNITY.
See below
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

speedracer5 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:57 pm "Decoy" was pretty crazy. I'd never seen it before. I don't think that I've ever seen a plot that involved reviving someone who was executed. Jean Gillie's character was certainly ruthless. I kind of like the fact that there was no romance subplot shoehorned in. Jean Gillie used every single man who she crossed paths with, no time for romance.
Thanks for your comments. I created this thread before I discovered one for TCM with a subsection for Movies and Features. That would be a better place to post and get everybody in place.
I have requested that they create a sub-section titled Noir Alley on the Board Index page under the TCM sub-section.

Apologize for the confusion, but still learning how this site works.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I thought Eddie oversold this one. Pretty bad. Acting. Story. Everything. Mercifully it was short. The actor who played the doctor was so bad. The Femme Fatale, ridiculously over the top. Sometimes Monograms can be pretty good. This one wasn't!
laffite

Post by laffite »

speedracer5 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:57 pm "Decoy" was pretty crazy. I'd never seen it before. I don't think that I've ever seen a plot that involved reviving someone who was executed. Jean Gillie's character was certainly ruthless. I kind of like the fact that there was no romance subplot shoehorned in. Jean Gillie used every single man who she crossed paths with, no time for romance.
Even more crazy, to have someone brought back to life. :D
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Administrator Lomm successfully created the Noir Alley subforum in the TCM forum! Check it out!

Let's hear it and GIVE IT UP for The Mighty Lomm!
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

EP Millstone wrote: December 6th, 2022, 1:55 pm Administrator Lomm successfully created the Noir Alley subforum in the TCM forum! Check it out!

Let's hear it and GIVE IT UP for The Mighty Lomm!
was "mr6666" @ TCM
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

was "mr6666" @ TCM
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Hope it's good. Haven't heard of this film.
speedracer5

Post by speedracer5 »

Hibi wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:12 pm Hope it's good. Haven't heard of this film.
I'm recording the movie and hopefully I'll be ready to watch it at 9:00pm when it's on live. I like Joseph Cotten, so I'm looking forward to seeing this film. I'm rather indifferent to Alida Valli. I don't really think she's anything special in "The Third Man."
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/kayla622/
Reddit: kayla622
Twitter: kaylar622
Blog: Whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I have real problems with Joseph Cotton. I don’t like him, that doesn’t mean that he’s not a good actor. He acts so flat all the time to me, like William Holden. But I’ll watch it with a willing suspension.