Masha

Re: Memes

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: November 20th, 2022, 3:10 pm Image

Oh, thank you.. How thoughtful. Now persnickety laffite can view the picture without scrolling. It must be seen in its entirety at a glance For contemplative purposes, of course. : --- )
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite wrote: December 1st, 2022, 6:41 pm
Oh, thank you.. How thoughtful. Now persnickety laffite can view the picture without scrolling. It must be seen in its entirety at a glance For contemplative purposes, of course. : --- )
The problem now is that it is so small that it is difficult to see the off cat.

To do it properly would require cropping the image to perhaps half its height and relocating the header text. I am not so much a perfectionist that I will find time and bother to do it. What you see is what you get.

You may take my resizing the image and reposting it as testimony that I consider you a reasonable person.
[Edited to remove offensive content.]
Last edited by Masha on December 1st, 2022, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laffite

Post by laffite »

I noticed the smallness a bit too. Perhaps you should change it back for the benefit of other viewers. I didn't think of this at the time but I could have simply copied and pasted to my computer and viewed it that way. What an oversight was that! i still thought it a nice courtesy, presuming not that I was a special person who somehow specially deserved it. I'm not much for spectral astronomical but feel I would be as I am with all my imperfections had the the shiniest star in the firmament twinkled on my faults. God forbid that anyone would think that you had even a remotely satisfactory opinion of me, by making clear as you have on what conditions under which I should be ignored. I was hurt by your remarks.
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:01 pm I noticed the smallness a bit too. Perhaps you should change it back for the benefit of other viewers. I didn't think of this at the time but I could have simply copied and pasted to my computer and viewed it that way. What an oversight was that! i still thought it a nice courtesy, presuming not that I was a special person who somehow specially deserved it. I'm not much for spectral astronomical but feel I would be as I am with all my imperfections had the the shiniest star in the firmament twinkled on my faults. God forbid that anyone would think that you had even a remotely satisfactory opinion of me, by making clear as you have on what conditions under which I should be ignored. I was hurt by your remarks.
I apologize greatly! I never intended to insult you in any manner. I meant it to be light-hearted show of my appreciation for you. The 'conditions' I stated are a humor trope. The construction parallels: "I really am a nice guy. Most of the time. I mean I probably could be if I tried. Maybe." I use humour at such times to prevent sounding mushy.

I will edit out what I believe you found offensive. Please tell me if I need to do more.
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:48 pm
laffite wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:01 pm I noticed the smallness a bit too. Perhaps you should change it back for the benefit of other viewers. I didn't think of this at the time but I could have simply copied and pasted to my computer and viewed it that way. What an oversight was that! i still thought it a nice courtesy, presuming not that I was a special person who somehow specially deserved it. I'm not much for spectral astronomical but feel I would be as I am with all my imperfections had the the shiniest star in the firmament twinkled on my faults. God forbid that anyone would think that you had even a remotely satisfactory opinion of me, by making clear as you have on what conditions under which I should be ignored. I was hurt by your remarks.
I apologize greatly! I never intended to insult you in any manner. I meant it to be light-hearted show of my appreciation for you. The 'conditions' I stated are a humor trope. The construction parallels: "I really am a nice guy. Most of the time. I mean I probably could be if I tried. Maybe." I use humour at such times to prevent sounding mushy.

I will edit out what I believe you found offensive. Please tell me if I need to do more.
Thank you for clarifying. I must have misconstrued it. I would like to put it to rest and I hope you do to. Let's soldier on from here and I hope you may count me as a friend, as I do you. Thanks, Masha.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Masha

Post by Masha »

LiamCasey

Post by LiamCasey »

Masha wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:47 am Image
This is where a reaction button comes in handy. I truly laughed out loud at this one. Especially at the end. Thanks!
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

LiamCasey wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 6:36 pm
This is where a reaction button comes in handy. I truly laughed out loud at this one. Especially at the end. Thanks!
Just THIS one, Liam?!

Heck, even though I've previously seen some of the memes that Masha posted in this thread and back when she first posted them in TCM.com's "Funny Stuff" thread, I must admit almost every one of them here has made me LOL again.

(...guess what I'm really sayin' here is that, yes, I agree with you...it IS a shame that there are no reaction buttons around here, and which I suppose is something I'll just have to get used to)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:15 pm
LiamCasey wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 6:36 pm
Just THIS one, Liam?!

Heck, even though I've previously seen some of the memes that Masha posted in this thread and back when she first posted them in TCM.com's "Funny Stuff" thread, I must admit almost every one of them here has made me LOL again.

(...guess what I'm really sayin' here is that, yes, I agree with you...it IS a shame that there are no reaction buttons around here, and which I suppose is something I'll just have to get used to)
Wow, Dargo, you're avatar is NEW and IMPROVED! Love it. Speaking of "Funny Stuff" I am pondering the difference between that term and "Meme." This latter term seems so elitist and vaguely pretentious. But no, I realize it a very real and valid term. I'm curious if posting a common cartoon is acceptable and/or perhaps just slightly over the bar. I have a wonderful thing on my computer that I deem a meme "par excellence' ---but I can't find the damn thing. Please God, let me find it. ///
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hi laffite. Yep, I'm pretty sure Masha's intent with her new "Memes" thread here at SSO was to continue on in the same vein as the "Funny Stuff" thread was at TCM.com.

(...and so I'd say if you can find that cartoon, post away!)